Wasps.....How do YOU keep them away?

SWL

• Moderators
On 7/12/2020 at 11:47 AM, dtel said:

Not sure what would keep them away, but by accident i found autozone brake cleaner kills them fast and evaporates fast. It shoots a stream like the wasp sprays, but is also flammable which could be good and bad. :huh::lol: Had a few cans to clean something, it's cheaper than wasp spray when on sale. 

There was a video on youtube of a guy using a shopvac to suck up hornets I think it was hornets, have running shoes on.  :o

By accident? You just happened to grab a can of brake cleaner instead of Black Flag?

I had a small wasp problem building the last few days. The kind that build a small structure and live on the outside of it.  I hit them with WD-40 and killed them all, they dropped like flies.👍   

A pic of this mornings body count. It just missed the 2 MB cut off by 100,000 bits and so had to down rez it.

unnamed.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shiva said:

The Carnage is now complete.  They took a second hit of WD.  Using a stick,  I cruelly dug out their nest, tucked under a louvre  and dispatched the stragglers.  

Adios.

unnamed.jpg

I wonder if that's cruelty---oiling them to death.

JJK

• Like 1

So far.....so good. I've got a total of (9) wasp decoys all around the house as well as dryer sheets in key locations and wasps have been few and far between.

We'll see. I think August is our worst month for wasps. This time I'm ready.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

How appropo....... @SWL starts a thread about wasps and then I'm out weeding yesterday. and disturb a nest in the ground(?) and get stung a couple times before I can run away. Go and get the wasp spray and after 3 or 5 seconds the can is empty. Ok I'll leave them alone until I can get a new can. I really had no idea they nest in the ground as well as under the eaves and other places above ground. Live and learn.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that badabono. Last year I had two wasp nests underground. I'd mow right over them. I sprayed them and it seemed to do the trick until a few weeks later I got stung multiple times on my melon all at once. That was not cool. I felt it for weeks.....

At this point everything is really under control. Wishful thinking is that the measures I took are actually working. Reality is that I won't really know until another six weeks or so.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...