Any Opinions On Will Vincent Equipment Restorations?

MacWorks

21 hours ago, MacWorks said:

Took a look. at some of the Will Vincent Dynaco ST 70 restorations. Out of my price range, but it seems there is no direct contact or website. Only connection is with people who resell the equipment for Will.

I have in the past owned one of his creations really nice sounding.. I think you can find him on the Audiogon forum under the name of autospec or something like that...

• Like 1

Owned a couple Vincent Creations, Still kicking my own A$$ for selling the MK3 Monos. Will sells on A-Gon and on USAudiomart. He puts contact info on his adds. Will is a top notch builder does great work IMHO

Here is a link to Will selling one of his amps it has his contact info

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisa2a90-dynaco-un-limited-by-will-vincent-mondorf-caps-tube

• Like 1

On 7/12/2020 at 9:15 AM, MacWorks said:

Took a look. at some of the Will Vincent Dynaco ST 70 restorations. Out of my price range, but it seems there is no direct contact or website. Only connection is with people who resell the equipment for Will.

great amps -------

• 7 months later...

I just got mine!!! I waited to respond till I listened at least an hour to let it get warmed up.I owned the Bob Latino at-70 and I have to say the Will Vincent amp bests it in every way!!! Of course our hobby is subjective so take that with a grain of salt.

First off its D-E-D quiet, like Dead quiet, like is it working quiet, that is until the first note.the bass is notably better. I used to have to use tone controls with my Cornwall but I actually was able to go source direct on my Marantz pm8004 and still have ample bass for a basshead like myself. The midrange is very good, I can’t compare because I no longer have the Bob Latino  but both models sound excellent in the midrange. The bass is good enough that I have no issue saying the Will Vincent is better because my Latino was a bit anemic I. That regard, and coupled with the noise was the reason I sold it. The treble is the same situation, loved the Bob amp and loving the WIll amp. 

Knobs to bias instead of a screw or some kind of specialty tool. It also has a large meter in front to read the bias of the tubes. The overall build quality is excellent, and to be honest Will seemed as excited for me as I was excited 😂. Just an excellent overall experience buying the amp, and he was super helpful when I called to ask what tubes he recommended to roll. The amp shipped with Tung sol el34B.

The restoration is top notch with the powder coat instead of a shiny fingerprint magnet. Top notch shipping, like if I’d known how well it was packed I would have just thrown it down the stairs instead of carrying it (JK, but seriously tho too). Bass is better than my Bob Latino, and my absolute favorite part is the rca’s in the back like a civilized human would do!!!

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

Bobby2x’s  Bobby2x’s 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bobby2xs said:

I just got mine!!! I waited to respond till I listened at least an hour to let it get warmed up.I owned the Bob Latino at-70 and I have to say the Will Vincent amp bests it in every way!!! Of course our hobby is subjective so take that with a grain of salt.

First off its D-E-D quiet, like Dead quiet, like is it working quiet, that is until the first note.the bass is notably better. I used to have to use tone controls with my Cornwall but I actually was able to go source direct on my Marantz pm8004 and still have ample bass for a basshead like myself. The midrange is very good, I can’t compare because I no longer have the Bob Latino  but both models sound excellent in the midrange. The bass is good enough that I have no issue saying the Will Vincent is better because my Latino was a bit anemic I. That regard, and coupled with the noise was the reason I sold it. The treble is the same situation, loved the Bob amp and loving the WIll amp. 

Knobs to bias instead of a screw or some kind of specialty tool. It also has a large meter in front to read the bias of the tubes. The overall build quality is excellent, and to be honest Will seemed as excited for me as I was excited 😂. Just an excellent overall experience buying the amp, and he was super helpful when I called to ask what tubes he recommended to roll. The amp shipped with Tung sol el34B.

The restoration is top notch with the powder coat instead of a shiny fingerprint magnet. Top notch shipping, like if I’d known how well it was packed I would have just thrown it down the stairs instead of carrying it (JK, but seriously tho too). Bass is better than my Bob Latino, and my absolute favorite part is the rca’s in the back like a civilized human would do!!!

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

Bobby2x’s  Bobby2x’s 

I like stories that include pictures...... just saying 😁

miketn

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mikebse2a3 said:

I like stories that include pictures...... just saying 😁

miketn

I tried, but it kept saying I exceeded my picture limit? I posted in garage sale and couldn’t finish my pics there, I didn’t think it would inhibit my pics on other posts asswell!

On 7/12/2020 at 8:15 AM, MacWorks said:

Here’s Will’s number, tell him Rob from Nashville sent you!

Will Vincent 

208-791-0805

On 3/12/2021 at 9:59 PM, Limberpine said:

I also have one that I purchased from @joessportster

It's definitely a great amp. Super well built and sounds fantastic. Very powerful and does really well with both my Cornwalls and La Scalas. It was my first tube amp, and I love the aestetics of it so much that I bet I never sell it.

20210311_204402.jpg

Yeah I think mines a keeper asswell! Dead quiet, great dynamics, surprising bass. I want to do some tube rolling, but a little concerned that I hit the jackpot. I told him what sounds I like and he loaded tubes that nailed it! Will is a great vendor.

• Like 2