Casio G-Shocks

willland

I have owned one of these below for the last 10 years and boy do they take a beating.

https://www.gshock.com/watches/analog-digital/g100-1bv

G-Shock Ana-Digi G100-1B Ana-Digi Classic Wristwatch

Continuous use all that time, diving, hiking, sports, work, and only changed battery twice and never an issue except for recent cracks in the bezel due to extreme abuse and one band replacement.

I am wanting to step it up in the G-Shock line and am looking seriously into this model.

https://www.gshock.com/watches/master-of-g/ggb100-1a

Casio G-Shock Men's Carbon Mudmaster Shock Resistant, Connected, 200 Meter Water Resistant Bluetooth Watch, (Model GG-B100-1ACR)Casio G-Shock Men's Carbon Mudmaster Shock Resistant 200 Meter Water Resistant, Connected, Bluetooth Watch, ( Model GG-B100-1A3CR)

Anyone own this or any of the other MASTER OF G MUDMASTER models?  I love the looks, functions, ruggedness.

Any feedback, experiences appreciated.

Bill

I've owned a couple Casio's (regular and G-shock).  They take a beating but in my view, the bands are the weak point.  I replaced my band with a velcro type.  

I personally think these are more glitzed up and blinged out a bit....  they are still at their heart, a Casio G shock which you've already said has given you 10 years of good use.

For me, my Casio is my home/weekend watch when I'm on the tractor/backhoe or doing whatever I do on the weekend and want a watch on.  My daily watch is an automatic TAG-6000 because I have a fetish for a mechanical item verses battery.

I'm due a new beater  Casio because I think I lost my prior one!!!  There's no way I'd pay for the second choice here because for me, the first choice does all I want (as long as it has the illuminating face)

I feel like I'm raining on your parade....  if the newer version DOES more than the first one (I have no clue of the additional features) and you use them, then it might have a purpose.  I would never use it more than a time piece, timer or stopwatch.

22 minutes ago, Coytee said:

My daily watch is an automatic TAG-6000 because I have a fetish for a mechanical item verses battery.

Yes love this one.  

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTtPRyKvw-fRWVt2UGB12EP2lKEOyHk4FoLLA1s7Lx8bGpNCNP3BF-h2-6No8XZYDGv7kept9w&usqp=CAc

I once owned a TAG Heuer Formula 1 and wore it out for many years.  Loved that watch.  Not an auto but kept very accurate time.

Tag Heuer Formula 1 F1 Midsize 371.513 Professional Divrs Watch ...

Bill

Also posted in "What I Got Today" thread.  Could not decide which one to post in.

Got this with birthday money(yes parents still send a card and $$$) today through Amazon and all set up on the G-SHOCK app.  Quad sensors: altimeter/barometer, temperature, compass, step counter.  This thing does a lot.

It rocks.  Big and bold.

Bill

G-SHOCK GGB100-1A3 face.jpg

G-SHOCK GGB100-1A3 side angle.jpg

• Like 2