K-48-EP woofer

cb_600

Hi

I have a pair of KI-362, haven't testet them yet so I'm quite excited. Anyone with any experience on these puppies? Intended use is as front LR in mye home theater setup. I swapping these in for the KP-262.

Anyhow, the reason why I haven't tested them yet is that they have blown up tweeters and a blown up woofer. The midrange I suspect to be in fine working order as both of them are measured to 16 ohm.

The tweeters I have gotten a hold of, the K-79(2-ti). But the woofer I'm not sure, and hoping for some expert advice.

I have the KP-115 subwoofer, this sub have the K-48 woofer. The question is, can I use it as a spare for the one that's blown up? The woofer in the KI-362 is marked K-48-EP. Would it be possible to use the KP-115 K-48 woofer, and have the same perform as the original woofer and next to the working woofer?

Sent fra min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk

First thing I would do is check out the crossovers , why did they blow the woofers and tweeters and not the mids?
I’m sure you could use that woofer for now, just not long term or at high power, and I don’t believe the sound will be the same. Not that you have a bench mark for that anyway
Good luck
We need pics as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input.

I'm hoping that the crossover is fine. To me it seems like the units have been driven hard for a longer period of time, the voice coil is lose from the defective K-48-EP driver.

So, I'm actually more concerned about the woofer that's measured fine in to 8 ohms. What's the actual status of the that driver, and how long will it work?Just have to try out and see I guess.

I have the possibility to buy a new K-48 for Chorus II or a used K-48 driver from a lascala pro model. Would any of these two be a good replacement you think?

Here is some pictures of the speakers:

16fdadfa7aa54c1f61f962ef85afd06b.jpg3961c5300f2c323040c9badb3ac0ecc8.jpga8e32373c7be0c4798d33c658f206259.jpg532fc098bab407fbf1b0a4246d1d80bf.jpg

2 hours ago, cb_600 said:

I have the possibility to buy a new K-48 for Chorus II or a used K-48 driver from a lascala pro model. Would any of these two be a good replacement you think?

the Lascala pro model  uses  a K43   4ohms   ,  it's not a k-48 ,8 ohms   ----------- and a K43 is not a good replacement for a K48    -

• Thanks 1

the Lascala pro model  uses  a K43   4ohms   ,  it's not a k-48 ,8 ohms   ----------- and a K43 is not a good replacement for a K48    -
I remembered it wrong, the woofer is a 4ohm driver. The speaker is 8ohm total.

ddd1d8ab884d7f2b970a95fa59232630.jpg

So that's explaining why the seller of the used K-48 is selling. He has an K-48 now, seen pictures, and want the original driver in.

Question is, go for the used K-48, new one for Chorus II (cost $100 more) or just use the one from my KP-115 that's also marked K-48?

I have read here in the forum that there aren't really any differences between K-48 other than manufacture, that they are build to same specs. Can anyone confirm or not that that is the case?

4 hours ago, cb_600 said:

I remembered it wrong, the woofer is a 4ohm driver. The speaker is 8ohm total.

ddd1d8ab884d7f2b970a95fa59232630.jpg

So that's explaining why the seller of the used K-48 is selling. He has an K-48 now, seen pictures, and want the original driver in.

Question is, go for the used K-48, new one for Chorus II (cost $100 more) or just use the one from my KP-115 that's also marked K-48?

I have read here in the forum that there aren't really any differences between K-48 other than manufacture, that they are build to same specs. Can anyone confirm or not that that is the case?

a k48 - is   a   k48-

• Like 1