Very large room recommendations

texasnavy05

Building a shop. 30x50 with 10ft eaves. Approximately 20,000 cubic ft. I've got a pair of cornscalas. Need something for the low end. Will be 100% music no home theater no LFE. Size and aesthetics are not important. I can go big and ugly if needed. I'd like to keep costs under $2500. I would like to put an emphasis on tightness and accuracy over output but I'd still like to feel it.

Right now I'm considering dual sealed 15s or dual sealed 18s if at my budget. I like the idea of dual hsu vtf 15h mk2. I like the idea of being able to seal the ports or remove if I want more output. I also like the dual PSA s1812 but it would be an expensive option. Also the psa s3612 but I'd only be able to get one.

Also considering a DIY I've just never done one and not sure about how they would sound compared to the others. I've got carpentry skills but that's about the extent of my sub building skillset.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Home theater subs generally won't give you the output you're looking for to fill a large space.  They're geared toward extension rather than output.  Look for something from the cinema or industrial lines.  You don't need a sub flat to 20Hz for what you'll be doing.

9 minutes ago, texasnavy05 said:

How about the gsg devastator tuned to 28hz? Could I get by with one? Would it be clean and tight?

Yes

Yes

Hadn't heard one but should be great and more than keep up with your mains.  Your mains have direct radiating woofers as it is as opposed to horn loading anyways. 

Well, yesterday turned out to be my lucky day. PSA facebook page listed some new b-stock inventory and they had two s3611s. Got those two for a GREAT deal! $2600 shipped for the pair. Still have 3 years warranty. Those should fill the space quite well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• Like 1