Cornwall - Pittsburgh, PA. $1500

crunchman12001

43 minutes ago, RandyH 000 said:

the paint job  is one of a kind

Just got off the phone with him. They are 1960 something CBR that was covered in Naugahyde. He removed the Naugahyde and painted them Green as seen in pics. Also left the Naugahyde on the backs but took off the screw binding post and installed banana plugs. I offered $400 due to the total refurb, he declined. He said they are not as bad as I described the "F" condition. I wished him luck with his sale and suggested a $700 price for someone that just "had to have them"

Go get 'em.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, crunchman12001 said:

Just got off the phone with him. They are 1960 something CBR that was covered in Naugahyde. He removed the Naugahyde and painted them Green as seen in pics. Also left the Naugahyde on the backs but took off the screw binding post and installed banana plugs. I offered $400 due to the total refurb, he declined. He said they are not as bad as I described the "F" condition. I wished him luck with his sale and suggested a $700 price for someone that just "had to have them"

Go get 'em.

never seen naugahyde on CW  , but it could be , horrible in all cases  , these are 1978  or higher , the Woofer shows the larger dust cap and the copper badge is 78 and up -stripping the paint is the way to go  , could be oil paint , so all of it has to come off ,  you have to see these in person    -------these are not a big loss  for you --------let them go , you're better of getting a clean pair that sound great for 1500$ -

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RandyH 000 said:

never seen naugahyde on CW  , but it could be , horrible in all cases  , these are 1978  or higher , the Woofer shows the larger dust cap and the copper badge is 78 and up -stripping the paint is the way to go  , could be oil paint , so all of it has to come off ,  you have to see these in person    -------these are not a big loss  for you --------let themgo , you're better of getting a clean pair that sound great for 1500$ -

He has had them for 15'ish years. The guy he bought them from did the Naugahyde. He removed it and painted them. No loss here, I was gonna refurb and flip. Good to know the "era" of these Cornwalls as he does not, and is hard to decipher without the tags. I would keep Cornwall II's and higher in the Walnut Oil.

1 minute ago, crunchman12001 said:

He has had them for 15'ish years. The guy he bought them from did the Naugahyde. He removed it and painted them. No loss here, I was gonna refurb and flip. Good to know the "era" of these Cornwalls as he does not, and is hard to decipher without the tags. I would keep Cornwall II's and higher in the Walnut Oil.

these are CW 1 ---   CBR is raw birch , not veneered

9 minutes ago, crunchman12001 said:

I stated that above, CBR for this set. I was just saying If I was to keep a pair of Cornwall, it would be Cornwall II or higher in a Walnut (Lacquer) finish.

a lot of  Cornwalls are Walnut  , the CW1 -2 will have a thick veneer  -

• Like 1