No corrosion 'round here

USNRET

Do they make composite 2x4's?  That and stainless for everything for you.

We don't have corrosion here rather rot.  With the brutal sun and astronomic humidity I'm using concrete board on the house anytime I have to replace something.  I'm not doing it again.

Assuming those are hinges on the bottom board, what kind are they?  I am looking for something like that in black that I need for a gate on our deck. Fence looks good, I find it interesting some of the different elements different regions deal with. 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Assuming those are hinges on the bottom board, what kind are they?  I am looking for something like that in black that I need for a gate on our deck. Fence looks good, I find it interesting some of the different elements different regions deal with. 

Check these https://www.houseofantiquehardware.com/pair-of-7-16-inch-diameter-traditional-plate-pintles-2-1-4-inch-offset?utm_source=froog&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=gdf&partner=froog&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxJOfxOvM6gIVUvDACh3-8QcsEAkYESABEgJam_D_BwE

we refer to them as livestock or farm hinges around here

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Do they make composite 2x4's?  That and stainless for everything for you.

We don't have corrosion here rather rot.  With the brutal sun and astronomic humidity I'm using concrete board on the house

the concrete board absorbs the humidity and repels it if it's waterproof treated ----------we use it in shower areas

1 hour ago, JJkizak said:

If you used redwood you could still be drinking beer.

JJK

How does that prevent the metal frame corrosion, not enough carpenter in me to build a non-sagging one especially on the other gate; it’s 10 ft wide.

4 minutes ago, USNRET said:

How does that prevent the metal frame corrosion, not enough carpenter in me to build a non-sagging one especially on the other gate; it’s 10 ft wide.

OH Geez I thought the frame was wood.

JJK