Windows, another quarantine project

USNRET

I have a crank, casement window, vinyl outside, wood inside where the lever that pulls the frame in and locks it in place is broken.  Not the crank, the lever that is vertical. I can still close it, but it isn't a really tight seal.  It was a tad cold in the master bedroom this past winter!

OMG, can't seem to find info. on how to fix it.  Maybe, I scavenge parts from one of the less obvious/small windows to fix the one broken in our bedroom, then replace the small window.  Dang window.

46 minutes ago, MC39693 said:

I have a crank, casement window, vinyl outside, wood inside where the lever that pulls the frame in and locks it in place is broken.  Not the crank, the lever that is vertical. I can still close it, but it isn't a really tight seal.  It was a tad cold in the master bedroom this past winter!

OMG, can't seem to find info. on how to fix it.  Maybe, I scavenge parts from one of the less obvious/small windows to fix the one broken in our bedroom, then replace the small window.  Dang window.

Swisco dot com

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JJkizak said:

Well are they double pane, triple pane?

JJK

In this heat it's a complete pain. 

I have a couple to change out also, 4'x6', they sure seem to be proud of them with the pricing.

2 hours ago, JJkizak said:

Well are they double pane, triple pane?

JJK

Since his wife said they didn't need new windows, they're probably going to be a royal pain for a while ... maybe a surprise gift for the bride will help ... and that doesn't mean the privilege of cleaning said windows. I know you military types. 

Double pane low E. House going on market soon so just contractor OEM. Started to practice glazing removing on removed lower sash to prep for uppers. Realized immediately that I need to have some new vinyl glazing on hand as these are heat hardened. Photos and dimensions sent to swishco for ID.

I need more than I ordered due to finding garage windows pivot bars fubared as well.  20 sashes mixed 3.0 / 5.0 muti light and 5.0 equal was $1400 with a 4 week wait ordered out of Carolina thru a local lumber company.