Constant thump from R-115SW

Darqman

16 hours ago, Jonam said:

Got mine from The Speaker Exchange last week and have fitted it in. Works perfectly so far, touch wood.

Sold out and now on backorder until September or October. There seemed to have been a lot sold in the past few weeks. Looks like all the amps were going bad in close proximity to each other. I purchased my Klipsch Subwoofer in 2017. Three years is not long for a product that cost me within a region of £500-£600.

was  the part new  or refurbished ?    others on the forum  have repaired these before -----

On 8/8/2020 at 2:43 AM, RandyH000 said:

was  the part new  or refurbished ?    others on the forum  have repaired these before -----

Appeared to be new, as far as I can remember it came in a box within a box. Came with screws and connectors. Nicely packed.

Certainly looked new to me. I'm sure they must be. They sold out within days. They must be partnered with Klipsch.

Edited by Jonam

• 4 weeks later...

They ARE open, I reached someone by phone finally after a long hold just the other day. As for emailing support it took weeks for a reply, even tried multiple emails. I’ve been waiting for a warranty replacement tweeter RF 82 II since may! They said they have a shipment coming in next month. 

My warranty was out and they still approved the free replacement so can’t really complain about that. I think most likely they cut staff down during Covid so everything is backed up. I was able to get in touch with Klipsch Instagram acct sent him my request info and someone replied to my request the next day

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I bought mine 24.10.2019 and got it repaired on warranty 11.2022 by the shop that sold it to me. The consumer regulations are 5 years here, no matter what.  It started thumping constantly every 2 sec or so. 

The repair shop has cut and removed the wires to the 120v-220v switch. 

There is no longer any thumping, so it seemed to do the trick. Its now locked at 220v setting. I am not aware of any other mods they did, have a few pics but did not spot anything else.

However, i am now running the sub off a so-called master/slave power strip, it will not get power, unless the TV is on. From what i hear, these subs should never be on standby power, it will reduce their lifespan severely. Because their caps will boil.

• 1 month later...