Any Dirac Live experts in Central IL?

boricua2480

I just upgraded from my Onkyo RZ820 receiver that I hated to a Lexicon MC-10 and this is my first experience with Dirac Live and its really not easy if you don't know much about this stuff. I can play with an EQ all day and get it sounding like I want but this is over my head. I can learn some if it online but from what in seeing it'll take me a month to gain enough knowledge to do this myself and the local shop is booked until September due to covid.

So...for anyone that was in my position and had trouble getting it setup, is there an online tutorial that helped you from a newb to understand it to the point you have it setup yojrself? I've looked at many videos and they're garbage and don't explain anything. If not, anyone want a job setting mine up? 

On 7/17/2020 at 5:47 PM, boricua2480 said:

I just upgraded from my Onkyo RZ820 receiver that I hated to a Lexicon MC-10 and this is my first experience with Dirac Live and its really not easy if you don't know much about this stuff. I can play with an EQ all day and get it sounding like I want but this is over my head. I can learn some if it online but from what in seeing it'll take me a month to gain enough knowledge to do this myself and the local shop is booked until September due to covid.

So...for anyone that was in my position and had trouble getting it setup, is there an online tutorial that helped you from a newb to understand it to the point you have it setup yojrself? I've looked at many videos and they're garbage and don't explain anything. If not, anyone want a job setting mine up? 

You'd probably find some help with your question here --> https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/2920060-lexicon-rv-6-rv-9-avrs-mc-10-pre-pro-cedia-2017-a.html

I am familiar with Dirac Live, but not as it pertains to the Lexicon....

On 7/21/2020 at 10:25 AM, Foxman said:

Thanks man. I forgot I posted this and forgot to update it. I found a video that was good enough at explaining how to, although the software varies between manufacturers and wasn't exactly the same, i was able to get most of it figured out. The hardest part was using a laptop. It felt ancient compared to using a cell phone. Had to download all sorts of drivers and whatnot and made it take way longer and more complicated than it should've been.