Steve Guttenberg interviews Roy Delgado (announces new Jubilee)

Loudogp250

8 hours ago, fmalloy said:

You should note that quite honestly, I'm not sure the wife would care if I played audio from my Heresy IIIs or the TV's internal speakers.

My condolences.  But I wonder why you would take the time to write about your expectations of new improved Jubilees (in any format) if this were the case already?

In my experience all very high fidelity loudspeakers are large, expensive (relative to your present loudspeakers) and take a dedicated space of sufficient dimensions and acoustic properties to realize their acoustic performance.  I can enumerate some of those other loudspeakers that are in this class of performance as the Jubilee, but I think you might already have an idea how large and demanding of room acoustics that they are.  The Jubilee in my experience already costs far less, occupies much less physical and visual space, and demands far less in terms of room size and acoustic properties than those other much higher cost and sized/shaped loudspeakers.  I'm not sure what you might expect that Roy can do to improve upon that. I think he already deserves an award for what he's accomplished.  Only one other loudspeaker manufacturer that I know of has come close, IMHO, and there are acoustic compromises that accompany their offering, as well as 2x higher costs.

There are things that can be done to dress up the K-402 visual presence already, as MikeTN and Kudret have both already demonstrated with their Jubilees.  Simply using a KPT-305 box with its existing internal K-402 and substituting a 2" high frequency compression driver would go a long way toward that same goal, and the box could easily be fabricated in veneered ply to improve its appearance over "basic black" DuraTex finishes.  This would only marginally increase the cost of the overall Jubilee, and not increase the size of the stacked loudspeaker:

1240724337_KPT-305midbassmoduleondrivewayCLA.jpg.f42100a4bb03237a15cb7d149ecab380.jpg

KPT-305 Midbass Module

Chris

• Like 1

The first time I heard Klipsch was the fall of 1971, I was 16 and went to my boyfriends house.  His Dad has Klipschorns and I was literally blown away!  We put on Led Zeppelin’s LP and played Stairway to Heaven.  My prior listening experience had been a transistor radio, so you can imagine the Jolt my ears heard!  I wound up marrying my boyfriend and the first year we were married, we built our own set of speakers with the help of my Dad.  They were built from the Speakerlab Klipschorns plans, man they sounded great.  In 1987, we were finally able to afford the real deal, Klipschorns!!  We even contacted Klipsch engineer Gary Gillum to help us design the perfect room.  We closed in part of our 3 car garage and built our music room.  It sounded fantastic!  Fast forward to 2001.  We decided to move to the Nashville area and began looking at houses.  We literally looked at dozens of houses, (always tape measure in hand)!  One Sunday afternoon we were out looking at homes and passed by a brand new subdivision and decided to check it out.  There were only about half a dozen homes in it ,but the views were gorgeous.  We topped this hill and there was this home, not finished yet, but a big sign in the yard that said, come on in and see the difference.  We went in and every turn we took made us love this home even more.  When we climbed the steps to the room over the garage, our jaws dropped.  There it was, the room that our Klipschorns would fit in!  Out comes the tape measure and YES, they would work perfect!  Fast forward almost 20 years later and we still have the Klipschorns (and a second pair) and basically a whole home filled with Klipsch LOVE!  I personally have no clue why so many ladies out there don’t like music, but dang, I’m sure not one of them!   I will post pics soon! Happy listening friends!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MZKITTY said:

The first time I heard Klipsch was the fall of 1971, I was 16 and went to my boyfriends house.  His Dad has Klipschorns and I was literally blown away!  We put on Led Zeppelin’s LP and played Stairway to Heaven.  My prior listening experience had been a transistor radio, so you can imagine the Jolt my ears heard!  I wound up marrying my boyfriend and the first year we were married, we built our own set of speakers with the help of my Dad.  They were built from the Speakerlab Klipschorns plans, man they sounded great.  In 1987, we were finally able to afford the real deal, Klipschorns!!  We even contacted Klipsch engineer Gary Gillum to help us design the perfect room.  We closed in part of our 3 car garage and built our music room.  It sounded fantastic!  Fast forward to 2001.  We decided to move to the Nashville area and began looking at houses.  We literally looked at dozens of houses, (always tape measure in hand)!  One Sunday afternoon we were out looking at homes and passed by a brand new subdivision and decided to check it out.  There were only about half a dozen homes in it ,but the views were gorgeous.  We topped this hill and there was this home, not finished yet, but a big sign in the yard that said, come on in and see the difference.  We went in and every turn we took made us love this home even more.  When we climbed the steps to the room over the garage, our jaws dropped.  There it was, the room that our Klipschorns would fit in!  Out comes the tape measure and YES, they would work perfect!  Fast forward almost 20 years later and we still have the Klipschorns (and a second pair) and basically a whole home filled with Klipsch LOVE!  I personally have no clue why so many ladies out there don’t like music, but dang, I’m sure not one of them!   I will post pics soon! Happy listening friends!

Thank you for sharing the impact that Klipsch speakers have had on you and your life. As someone that comes from a family in which music is so important this part of your story blesses me dearly. Thank you.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MZKITTY said:

046089A9-12C8-40C3-84DA-F413DA63C7B5.jpeg

Dear Mrs Kitty ,  we apologize to intrude ,

there are 2 beautiful lamps in that room  , that are horn lamps , do you recall , how you came about these ,  Tx -

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

Dear Mrs Kitty ,  we apologize to intrude ,

there are 2 beautiful lamps in that room  , that are horn lamps , do you recall , how you came about these ,  Tx -

We made them!  K-700 horns from heresey’s   Found the shades at Walmart.  Did a reverse print PWK logo on clear sticky contact paper.  Bottom is walnut we made.   Saw similar ones at PWK’s home years ago and wanted to duplicate.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MZKITTY said:

We made them!  K-700 horns from heresey’s   Found the shades at Walmart.  Did a reverse print PWK logo on clear sticky contact paper.  Bottom is walnut we made.   Saw similar ones at PWK’s home years ago and wanted to duplicate.

Dear Mrs Kitty  ,  here is the actual horn lamp at PWK' Home ----You are the sole to  have  2 replicas   ---The Photo  is Courtesy of @dtel

jubefest 9 07 (50).JPG

• Like 6

So I am sitting here thinking the Jubilee is so named because it was supposed to come out as home version replacement for the Klipschorn at the 50th anniversary, at least that is my understanding. And here we are at the cusp of the 75th. Your darn right I am excited to see what the chief (and Klipsch and Assoc.) has come up with.

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
On 8/2/2020 at 2:36 PM, MZKITTY said:

Happy listening friends!

Wasn't sure that was you until I noticed the avatar. Drive safe, under 90 at least.

Hope you and Mr R are doing well.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
On 8/2/2020 at 7:05 PM, RandyH000 said:

Dear Mrs Kitty  ,  here is the actual horn lamp at PWK' Home ----You are the sole to  have  2 replicas   ---The Photo  is Courtesy of @dtel

Always wanted to make one like that but never did, it was the reason for taking the pic, to copy it.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 10:46 PM, dtel said:

Always wanted to make one like that but never did, it was the reason for taking the pic, to copy it.

-a very nice lamp  ,  must have been custom made for PWK -

• Like 1

18 hours ago, babadono said:

So I am sitting here thinking the Jubilee is so named because it was supposed to come out as home version replacement for the Klipschorn at the 50th anniversary, at least that is my understanding. And here we are at the cusp of the 75th. Your darn right I am excited to see what the chief (and Klipsch and Assoc.) has come up with.

Armed with these thoughts I went home last night and listened to the Jubilees. Man are these good speakers!:):emotion-21:

• Like 2

On 7/20/2020 at 2:31 PM, babadono said:

So has Mr. Guttenberg heard Jubes?   @Chief bonehead

I have met Steve on a number of occasions.  During our conversations he has said he has yet to hear them but wanted to.

Every occasion I have met him, I have made an open invite to comedown to my house ( 2 hour commute) for a private session.

Each time I offer this up, he has insinuated that he wants to be chauffeured and wined/dined before he even considers.

Last time we spoke brought the offer up again and he said he doesn't consider the Jubilee as something worth listening to because it is a Professional Speaker....

Perhaps his YouTube fame is getting to his head.....

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, MisterVego said:

Last time we spoke brought the offer up again and he said he doesn't consider the Jubilee as something worth listening to because it is a Professional Speaker....

That's weird because he seemed to really be respectful of Roy and interested in what Roy was talking about. So he awaits a dressed up version? Before he will even listen? Weird.

7 minutes ago, babadono said:

That's weird because he seemed to really be respectful of Roy and interested in what Roy was talking about. So he awaits a dressed up version? Before he will even listen? Weird.

Don't get me wrong, every conversation we have had, he has always praised Klipsch and Roy.

The last conversation i had with him just threw me for a loop.

Watched the 2 videos of Steve's of Roy. I'm brand new to the Forum. Owner of a pair of Forte III's. Am considering upgrading to Klipschorns (or La Scala's), but wanted to research the video mentioned "Jubilee 75th Anniversaries." Was hoping to find a link, but guessing that's a little early/pre-mature.