Steve Guttenberg interviews Roy Delgado (announces new Jubilee)

Loudogp250

Great interview with Roy.

Roy I truly believe PWK would be so proud of the direction and dedication you have given to horn development and the Heritage Line in particular...!!!

I wish PWK could have been around to see and hear your development of the KPT-1802-HLS and KPT-1502-HLS which still continues to amaze me especially when combined with the Jubilee system...

miketn 👍🙂

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

These two videos are good enough to post on other forums--in order to deal with the anti-horn hipshooters that still inhabit the old mossback audiophile ranks.

Good to hear that Klipsch is going to introduce the Jubilee as a 75th anniversary home audio version.  Any bets on what changes?  I'm thinking it will be 70% looks upgrades, and possibly 30% acoustic performance--probably compression driver related.

Chris

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Chris A said:

Good to hear that Klipsch is going to introduce the Jubilee as a 75th anniversary home audio version.  Any bets on what changes? 

It'll be repackaged to look like a B&W 801. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Chris A said:

These two videos are good enough to post on other forums--in order to deal with the anti-horn hipshooters that still inhabit the old mossback audiophile ranks.

Good to hear that Klipsch is going to introduce the Jubilee as a 75th anniversary home audio version.  Any bets on what changes?  I'm thinking it will be 70% looks upgrades, and possibly 30% acoustic performance--probably compression driver related.

Chris

I think you are right about the cosmetics. Unfortunately, that will produce a cabinet that will be insanely expensive. I think the potential customers are okay with the footprint (I assume these are the typical K-Horn sort of customers), but the height could  be a distraction. That leaves shortening the bass bin (perhaps a single 15 inch woofer rather than dual 12 inch woofers) or a new horn with a height less than 26 inches (K-402) and more than 9 inches (K-510). I might be wrong, maybe folks (those that actually buy new Klipsch products - which rules out many of us on the forum) are okay with the overall size. I am not sure at all. 

Unfortunately, designing a new, shorter bass bin would have some development costs and reducing the height of the horn would also have development costs. I mention this because most of us forget that the R&D does cost money. If the horn is used only in few models then it may not be worth it to the company. 

Certainly improvements in driver/phase plug technology will be incorporated. Look how many times that was mentioned in the video. 

I absolutely hope it is not made with an analog crossover filter. That would be a huge step backward (IMHO). 

Right now, you can buy a Jubilee for 7 grand or so. Another 500-1500 for a DSP crossover. That is $8K for a very nice sounding system. An absolute bargain, even with its "industrial look". However, if the new Jubilee is heavily updated in order to feature cosmetics, the price could be astronomical (any guesses, look at the Palladium line). 

I have no idea what the cosmetics would look like or cost. However, if the new Jubilee were the same foot print and height, would many of us would pay the current prices for upgraded cosmetics? Probably.

However if cosmetics alone raised the price an additional $5 to $10K (my ill-informed guess), I think the market would shrink considerably. Face it gentlemen we are dinosaurs, a dying species. Ask your kids if they would spend that kind of money on speakers - you will get a blank stare. However, I have been wrong before .....

Good luck, 

-Tom

Just as an added note: I think the current commercial version of the Jubilee is fantastic. They are absolutely a great value (even in their stock configuration). They are a way for consumers to hear something that sounds very, very good. 

2 hours ago, Chris A said:

Chris

I don't know what changes don't think Roy is telling. I know that the last time I was in Hope the Jubilees sounded the best I've ever heard them. I asked Roy and he just smiles and says it sounds ok....

For those complaining about the price.... Beat it lol..... This has been long overdue and PWK/Roy's Jubilee deserve a really high price tag. This is the state of the art horn system on the range right now. Roy is killing it and he only left hints in the interview.... BRAVO KLIPSCH I take back everything I ever said about you not releasing this product.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, seti said:

I don't know what changes don't think Roy is telling. I know that the last time I was in Hope the Jubilees sounded the best I've ever heard them. I asked Roy and he just smiles and says it sounds ok....

For those complaining about the price.... Beat it lol..... This has been long overdue and PWK/Roy's Jubilee deserve a really high price tag. This is the state of the art horn system on the range right now. Roy is killing it and he only left hints in the interview.... BRAVO KLIPSCH I take back everything I ever said about you not releasing this product.

he is hinting at a  75th anniversary model -     

2 minutes ago, seti said:

Yeah I gathered. The bag is out of the cat.

there is going to be lineup for these speakers a mile long - no matter the price tag and dealers will sell every single one in no time -

• Like 2