Steve Guttenberg interviews Roy Delgado (announces new Jubilee)

Loudogp250

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Steve makes Roy look like a fashion plate.

he sure is happy when Roy sends him speakers to audition  ,and lately , he raves about Klpsch products - a pair of Jubilees  , please -   

• Like 2

Roy: Congratulations on your interview with audio review icon, Steve Guttenberg! Verna and I watched both videos and we were riveted to the screen. It was wonderful seeing your smiling face again, especially because we missed seeing you this spring in Hope. You were an exceptional interviewee; no "ummm's" and "ahh's"! LOL We learned even more than we already knew from our time spent together in the past. We're so very proud of you and you could see that Steve was almost giddy to have you on his show. It was most apparent that Steve has very deep respect for you, Paul and the products. We both miss you so very much, brother. We can't wait to see you next year!

Love, Glenn & Verna

• Like 8

• Moderators
On 7/18/2020 at 10:29 AM, mikebse2a3 said:

Roy I truly believe PWK would be so proud of the direction and dedication you have given to horn development and the Heritage Line in particular...!!!

I really hope you are starting to believe that, he is very proud, he's watching you.

Yes of course, I don't leave the circle, it's not worth it. 

• Like 2

Hi people, I am a new guy here but by no means a newbie to audio or electronics or horn speakers. I have been keenly interested in sound recording and reproduction since the late 60s and studied audio engineering as a student member of the AES starting in 1972, and had the great pleasure of meeting PWK at some of the AES conventions in NYC. I have worked in recording studios, audio/video manufacturers, and a research laboratory (CBS Technology Center) and have used and owned horn speakers (Altec and JBL actually) 😱  for decades. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Steve's interviews with Roy which excited and inspired me to join this forum. I look forward to discussing some of the aspects and technologies in designing horn speakers and how the engineering challenges may be met to advance the state of the art in sound reproduction. I am now retired so I have much more time to think about and work on this. 

• Like 5

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Stu Markley said:

Hi people, I am a new guy here but by no means a newbie to audio or electronics or horn speakers. I have been keenly interested in sound recording and reproduction since the late 60s and studied audio engineering as a student member of the AES starting in 1972, and had the great pleasure of meeting PWK at some of the AES conventions in NYC. I have worked in recording studios, audio/video manufacturers, and a research laboratory (CBS Technology Center) and have used and owned horn speakers (Altec and JBL actually) 😱  for decades. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Steve's interviews with Roy which excited and inspired me to join this forum. I look forward to discussing some of the aspects and technologies in designing horn speakers and how the engineering challenges may be met to advance the state of the art in sound reproduction. I am now retired so I have much more time to think about and work on this. 

Welcome to the Forum 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2020 at 10:12 AM, Chris A said:

Good to hear that Klipsch is going to introduce the Jubilee as a 75th anniversary home audio version.  Any bets on what changes? 

If there's no improvement in the WAF response they'll still be out of my reach... 😞

13 hours ago, fmalloy said:

If there's no improvement in the WAF response they'll still be out of my reach... 😞

If you've heard these loudspeakers in a home hi-fi environment (i.e., dialed in, etc.), the "WAF response" would likely change.  They're that good, IMHO.

Chris

2 minutes ago, Chris A said:

If you've heard these loudspeakers in a home hi-fi environment (i.e., dialed in, etc.), the "WAF response" would likely change.  They're that good, IMHO.

Sorry, Chris, but despite how much I like the sound of the Jubilees, give their current aesthetics even I wouldn't allow them in my living room, and I don't have a Wife whose Acceptance I have to Factor.

I hate to say this...but I don't know how the Jubilees were performing when you listened to them.  I do have a good guess how they did sound there.

I also have to say that their visual appearance would have to be much worse to knock them off of my "most preferred" list of loudspeakers that I'd like to listen to, long term.  I've heard dialed-in K-510/dual-diaphragm BMS 4592 on a Cornwall bass bin (as well as AMT-1s), and they don't come close to the sound of the Jubs that I listen to. 

JMTC.

Chris

6 minutes ago, Edgar said:

Sorry, Chris, but despite how much I like the sound of the Jubilees, give their current aesthetics even I wouldn't allow them in my living room, and I don't have a Wife whose Acceptance I have to Factor.

I agree, but the problem is somewhat one of space and semantics.  We do not have a 2-channel system in our “living room.”  The music source in our living room is an older Klipsch iPod dock that connects to sources via Bluetooth.  The unit hides under an end table.  Anything larger would not be tolerated.

Klipsch Pro Media 2.1s supply computer music in two offices.  My 2-channel system—a pair of “Superized” HIPs and 4 TH subs—is in our basement.  If we had space for larger speakers, which we don’t, they would be in the basement where WAF is not an issue.

If by “living room” you mean the space where people frequently gather to watch TV,  thus leaving another more formal space for entertaining guests and relaxing, I could see Jubilees as part of the informal living room/family room/great room.

4 minutes ago, Chris A said:

I hate to say this...but I don't know how the Jubilees were performing when you listened to them. 

Everybody draws the line in a different location. For me, once the sound quality exceeds a certain level, other considerations come into play. I was extremely impressed with the Jubilee sound, but I've reached a point in life where I am trying very hard to avoid having my living room look like a science fiction movie.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

If by “living room” you mean the space where people frequently gather to watch TV,  thus leaving another more formal space for entertaining guests and relaxing, I could see Jubilees as part of the informal living room/family room/great room.

We have a separate living room at the front of the house for visiting guests (not many of those since early March, however). 

Neil, what you describe as your listening spaces would cause me to relocate to another house (and...wait for it) because listening to good music in a much more hi-fi format is that important to me.  Perhaps the cost of larger houses is prohibitive in your neck of the woods--but it certainly isn't where I live. The local housing market prices are about at the median point (US) for housing costs--the last time I looked.  Our home is about 2700 ft2, which is about middle-class median size in the D/FW area.

Chris

• Like 2

I’ve lived long enough and have experienced enough to have learned to make my choices in life based on my priorities at the time I made them.

Just make sure your happy with your choices and wish others happiness with theirs. 

Klipsch since 1987

Jubilee since 2006
miketn 🙂

• Like 1

Mike, it's the best choice I've made in audio--by far. 

By the words you used in your post just above, Mike, I'm guessing that it's very possible that you might have misunderstood my last comments. I contrasted Neil's comments with how I make decisions about loudspeakers (...as I'm sure he understood, since he's clearly a smart guy). No crusades are needed to save the downtrodden. ;)

My main rig is quite important to me, maybe more important than many/most others that invest in Klipsch loudspeakers.  (If Neil gets to say how he makes decisions about loudspeakers, I figured I did too--on the outside chance someone might have wondered.)

When we first saw our current house for sale in 1999 (we bought it, of course), my wife saw the lake from the backyard and the spiral front staircase...but I saw the den (my current listening room) and the full corners on either side of the fireplace with 9' ceiling.  While there were other issues with the house that we've since addressed, I knew at that moment that room would be my hi-fi room once I came back to the pastime, which I'd put on hold for ~15 years at that point.

It wasn't until 2007 that I felt that it was time to re-invest in hi-fi.  Both kids were in college, the money was there, etc. At that point, I anticipated having a lot more time for hi-fi than I'd had when raising kids.  I really couldn't justify the time it would require before that point in time.  It's been ~13 years since I pulled the trigger and it's still the major focus of my time during the day.  I spend 14-16 hours/day with the Jubs, listening to them almost every moment.  You might have thought that I was saying all my decisions apply to someone else.  Such is not the case.

Chris

Klipsch -- 1956

Jubilees -- 2007

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chris A said:

Chris

You should note that quite honestly, I'm not sure the wife would care if I played audio from my Heresy IIIs or the TV's internal speakers.