Steve Guttenberg interviews Roy Delgado (announces new Jubilee)

Loudogp250

29 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

I am looking forward to seeing pictures of the new Jubilee.

one can expect various veneers options  ,a  special edition 75th  version  ,  and a more high end look and  exclusivity ------

On 8/6/2020 at 12:40 PM, Chris A said:

Consider what would happen if Mr. Guttenberg did listen to your dialed-in Jubs.  He would most likely have two possible outcomes:

1) they sound terrible to him--like old PA horns, or

2) they sounded better than anything else that he's heard before. 

Both cases are bad.  In the first case, he would have dedicated the better part of a day to having to break the bad news to you (and he produces at least one YouTube video per day, plus writes for a magazine).  This would be a lose-lose proposition.

However in the second case, I think it would be much worse (for him).  How could he put any image of them on his daily video, telling his subscribed following that they probably were the best sounding loudspeakers he's ever heard (...and there's good reason to suspect this will be the case, as you probably already know, Erik).  He's already gone out on the limb supporting CW IVs, etc.  He would potentially lose a part of his audience if he did this because of the people that shop for loudspeakers by the way that they look instead of the way that they sound. 

Or he says nothing online.  That's not good--in that word may get around that he's pushing only smaller loudspeakers that home hi-fi loudspeaker companies make, and isn't an "honest broker".  (This is worse than having to tell you that they're terrible sounding, I think.)

I suspect that he's waiting until Roy dresses them up a bit so he can say that he's heard another "good home hi-fi product from Klipsch".  Then go on to say that "they're not for the common audiophile (or words to that effect) to dismiss them for the rank-and-file audiophiles he's basically talking to online that buy small loudspeakers based [basically] on looks alone. 

Chris

Agree completely, sadly is often the case with YouTube reviewers. I really appreciate reviewers (project farm, AVE) that solely do patrion and don’t shill for companies or even YouTube views.

One thing I wish someone from this forum would do is a really detailed and in-depth discussion of their Jubilees. Discuss the whole process top to bottom, what goes into installing them and then finally an audition with some really good camera work. 
While klipsch could setup a dedicated room and fly in some popular reviewers for these speakers to write reviews for the 75th’s this can sometimes backfire as it’s “promoted” content.

So here’s my idea, as I enjoy his videos and enthusiasm. Let’s fly Youthman (Michael) to do a review with one of the pros here on the Jubilees. He’s well spoken, knows how to edit and do great shots. My vote would be pair him with you as I don’t think anyone can explain them better. (Klipsch can secretly fund the plane tickets for this black ops project).

The forums are great, but having a video like this could really help out Jubilee recognition.

Regardless of whom it is, I’d really like to see someone do this, especially if they have a dedicated and well setup listening space. 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2020 at 12:16 AM, Stu Markley said:

Hi people, I am a new guy here but by no means a newbie to audio or electronics or horn speakers. I have been keenly interested in sound recording and reproduction since the late 60s and studied audio engineering as a student member of the AES starting in 1972, and had the great pleasure of meeting PWK at some of the AES conventions in NYC. I have worked in recording studios, audio/video manufacturers, and a research laboratory (CBS Technology Center) and have used and owned horn speakers (Altec and JBL actually) 😱  for decades. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Steve's interviews with Roy which excited and inspired me to join this forum. I look forward to discussing some of the aspects and technologies in designing horn speakers and how the engineering challenges may be met to advance the state of the art in sound reproduction. I am now retired so I have much more time to think about and work on this. 

WELCOME, 'home'...STU !!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, The Dude said:

So lets say that this "75th anniversary" Jubilee comes to be.  Would it be put in the Heritage line and if so, will Heritage dealers be able to demo them? 

I sure hope so, it’s time for Klipsch to make more waves and shake up the audio world. People will need to be able to SEE and HEAR what the buzz is about!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Already, I'm wracking my brain to figure out how I can beg, borrow or even steal enough coin to acquire a pair of Jubilee IIs (Shall we call them?) I want to be listening to them when Gabriel blows his own horn and I wake up , either with a pair of gold-plated Klipsch speakers on a cloud up yonder or, more likely, down below in that great barbecue joint, where we have to listen to Heavy Metal played through worn-out juke box speakers at 120 decibels 24/7. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2020 at 1:39 PM, CAMike said:

Is there an announcement date or date of availability?  Can you let us know if the price will increase/decrease with this new model vs. the previous Jubilees?

75th  Special Edition-----20k$