Steve Guttenberg interviews Roy Delgado (announces new Jubilee)

Loudogp250

1 hour ago, PrestonTom said:

I am curious about the logistics on these "new" Jubilees.

Does the vendor get a "demo version" for their store and subsequent orders are drop-shipped from Hope to the buyer or are all Jubilees shipped from Hope to the vendor and then delivered to the buyer?

it will be interesting to see how it plays out.  it does seem reasonable to have them drop shipped given the size.

dealers typically aren't given any product -- but may be able to get demo products at a discount.

3 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

I am curious about the logistics on these "new" Jubilees.

Does the vendor get a "demo version" for their store and subsequent orders are drop-shipped from Hope to the buyer or are all Jubilees shipped from Hope to the vendor and then delivered to the buyer?

As far as I know Paducah Home Theater used to get the Underground Jubilee shipped to their warehouse and then they shipped them to the customer.  Don't see why the handling of the new Jubilee would be any different from that or any other Heritage product.

8 minutes ago, MMurg said:

As far as I know Paducah Home Theater used to get the Underground Jubilee shipped to their warehouse and then they shipped them to the customer.  Don't see why the handling of the new Jubilee would be any different from that or any other Heritage product.

That is interesting. Their competitor, American Cinema Equipment, sold a ton of "underground Jubilees" over the last 15 years. In their case, the product was drop-shipped from Hope. Although they were a selling the Pro stuff and not Heritage/Home stuff. 

4 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

What happens when they have an over the top amount of claims...... Like I'm sure they do based on SUPERIORLY INFERIOR packaging?

Klipsch has no part in the claim process apart from getting a refund based on the value of the shipment -

klipsch  ship fully insured , the Carrier takes all responsibility for the shipment the moment they sign for it -

I would think to the contrary , that klipsch loses money anytime a Shipment is damaged by a carrier  the costs  in  manpower ,labor ,   back-orders , double shipments , replacements must be extremely  high-

I am starting to regret that I asked the question about drop-shipping.

So I feel obligated to share my experience. About 10 years ago I purchased the K-402 package (horn, driver and stand) from American Cinema Equipment. My understanding is that these were drop-shipped from Hope to my house. The packaging was carefully done and they arrived intact. It was clearly packaged at the factory and not by a third party.

They were so well-packed that I can't imagine them ever being damaged in transit. However, I know this sometimes happens and I have to assume that someone would have to be an idiot when stacking them or using a fork lift.

I certainly had no complaints.