Steve Guttenberg interviews Roy Delgado (announces new Jubilee)

Loudogp250

2 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

About 10 years ago I purchased the K-402 package (horn, driver and stand) from American Cinema Equipment. My understanding is that these were drop-shipped from Hope to my house. The packaging was carefully done and they arrived intact. It was clearly packaged at the factory and not by a third party.

Fwiw, these definitely aren't mass market speakers. My guess all will be shipped to buyers from Hope given there probably won't be many display models to audition as well as the limited market. Heck, Roy may even be on the truck when they go out for delivery! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I spoke with John at Audio Video Therapy in Nashua, NH about the Jubilees.  John said they're going to have the Jubilees in the store (and available for demos) for at least the next couple of weeks.  So if you can stop by, it's worth giving them a listen!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

That was a GREAT interview!!!

The Klipsch Forum is in this interview, and "Mike from Tennessee" ( @mikebse2a3) and Richard ( @Coytee ) and Luther ( @Wardsweb ) and Maron, and Mark 13, a ton of information. 

The PWK Bday event was discussed at that end of the interview and Steve G. said he was a "maybe."

• Like 1

8 hours ago, babadono said:

@mikebse2a3 Hi Mike. Since the cost to get in this club is prohibitive for me i was wondering does your set up with underground Jubes and a 1502 come close enough? You might be the only one (other than Roy) that has heard both.

Dang.!!!! You wouldn’t put a guy on the spot would ya….. 👏😄

If your in the “Underground Jubilees club” you have a system that is capable of exceptional performance and I consider the addition of a 1502 or 1802 sub as something very important if you want to take your system to another level in musical revelations and realism and I have to say I greatly underestimated how important the ability to solidly perform with high quality and low distortion down to 18Hz was with many of my recordings. 

The Heritage Jubilee design I would consider as cutting edge with groundbreaking performance and is a must hear if at all possible.

miketn

• Like 2

Nice interview.  My recollection is slightly different than Roy's....  I recall begging, pleading, groveling on the ground for a pair....crying like a baby.

He told me to dignify myself, shut up, man up and pay up and it shall be.  Or something like that.

He's probably gotten too much fish oil on his hands since then and has lost his memory.

You have read this on the internet so now you know it's true.

• Haha 2

Listened to the podcast yesterday. Just want to take a moment to praise Roy for representing all of us as dedicated Pilgrims rather than the ostentatious, pushy, greedy little audiophiles that we are, have always been, and always will be. I, for one, will give it my all to be the dedicated Pilgrim that Roy describes in this interview. Thanks Roy for making my obsession seem like a virtue, rather than a flaw!  You make us proud!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2022 at 1:41 AM, mikebse2a3 said:

Dang.!!!! You wouldn’t put a guy on the spot would ya….. 👏😄

If your in the “Underground Jubilees club” you have a system that is capable of exceptional performance and I consider the addition of a 1502 or 1802 sub as something very important if you want to take your system to another level in musical revelations and realism and I have to say I greatly underestimated how important the ability to solidly perform with high quality and low distortion down to 18Hz was with many of my recordings. 

The Heritage Jubilee design I would consider as cutting edge with groundbreaking performance and is a must hear if at all possible.

miketn

As the original "Victim" (a term PWK used on me in 1985 when we first met), I consider all of you guys to be fellow Victims of this "proper" sonic evolution whose car is driven by Roy. I'm sure I would be victimized a third time (second time was for the Underground Jubilees I heard in Hope 2007) once I heard then new ones. Then all that would remain is to call a banker, like I did when I got Khorns when I was still a kid in the 70's!!!

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...