DIY Guys show your workbench....

seti

I'm still learning how to use the Sound Technology Gear but it is all restored. Can't even count how many caps we replaced. I've fallen into a hole of test gear restoration not just tube amps. If you can't measure what you've built how do you know what you got??

Here is my first tech work bench... Everything works.

IMG_9978.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, rigma said:

Work Bench.jpg

That is superb but I would not have expected less. Is that one of the MC30's I sold ya? Loved those but at the time plumbing was even more important lol...

Just so you know it is your fault I'm building now. In Hope we heard your 300B amps and you said I could build and just needed to start small...  I am planning a 300b / 50 triode amplifier.

What is the device with the green face?

Thanks!!

That MC30 was not one of them but I had already gone through them about a year ago.

The green thing is a vintage AC&DC power supply with 3 Variac's, ma. amp, mv & AC/DC volt meters. I bought it from a old TV shop they went out of business for $50.  I asked about it's history & he said it was built as a school project in the 1960's, back when they used to teach practical things. Oh it did have one broke DC meter which took me a year to find a replacement, but all is working now.

PS.jpg

• Like 3

The unit with the 5 Multi Meters was my build.  It has a 10 amp isolation trans supplying the top outlet with the variac. The 5 meters are because I am scared of high voltage! ⚠️ It is designed so I can connect to 5 voltage points under test with power off, switch on and see results without getting hands near danger while probing around. It is designed to where it only needs 1 ground connection, (to help prevent a rats nest) to DUT or more if needed, switch selective. Mike Beasley helped me simplify this concept.

5 meters.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, rigma said:

That MC30 was not one of them but I had already gone through them about a year ago.

The green thing is a vintage AC&DC power supply with 3 Variac's, ma. amp, mv & AC/DC volt meters. I bought it from a old TV shop they went out of business for $50.  I asked about it's history & he said it was built as a school project in the 1960's, back when they used to teach practical things. Oh it did have one broke DC meter which took me a year to find a replacement, but all is working now.

e

amazing unit ---------------------50$ is less than the value of 1 of the smaller variacs

10 hours ago, rigma said:

The unit with the 5 Multi Meters was my build.  It has a 10 amp isolation trans supplying the top outlet with the variac. The 5 meters are because I am scared of high voltage! ⚠️ It is designed so I can connect to 5 voltage points under test with power off, switch on and see results without getting hands near danger while probing around. It is designed to where it only needs 1 ground connection, (to help prevent a rats nest) to DUT or more if needed, switch selective. Mike Beasley helped me simplify this concept.

5 meters.jpg

Fear of the electric blue jesus is what kept me from DIY. I kept reading the safety articles until I had it down and also met an experienced local tech..

This is brilliant...

On 8/9/2020 at 1:56 PM, rigma said:

5 meters.jpg

Hey Rigma you got a schematic for this thing ? I like the concept.. Could keep me from seeing electric blue jesus.

On 8/9/2020 at 4:00 PM, RandyH000 said:

amazing unit ---------------------50$ is less than the value of 1 of the smaller variacs

I've gotten a couple variacs at swap meets. One was in a homemade power supply. People don't know what they are, or what they cost new.

• 2 weeks later...