Chorus I and Chorus II woofers

I came across an ad in market place the other day for a Chorus I woofer. It was advertised as a K-48E from a Chorus I. The ad went on to say that is not a K48 from a Chorus II and there was a difference in the two woofers. 

The K-48E in the Chorus I was made by Eminence and is a 4 ohms, the K-48 in the Chorus II was made by Pyle and 8 ohms. I question the seller and was quite adamant about his facts...

I understand that Klipsch used different manufactures for drivers but I always thought that the woofers in the Chorus I's & II's were the same...

In the sales brochure for both I's and II's it says K-48E in both. But over the years I think I've seen K-48 and K-48E in one or the other??

I have both I's and II's not looking to pull woofers out.... both sets are in the storage room and not being used at this time....and I don't need any woofers... I just gotta know lol lol

MKP 🙂

• Like 1

On 7/19/2020 at 7:58 PM, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

he sales brochure for both I's and II's it says K-48E

MKP 🙂

you 're right the brochures state K-48-E
woofers --------- Eminence-  

http://assets.klipsch.com/product-specsheets/Chorus-II-brochure.pdf

https://f072605def1c9a5ef179-a0bc3fbf1884fc0965506ae2b946e1cd.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/product-specsheets/Chorus-brochure.pdf

• Like 1

The original woofer was Eminence-built and designated K-48-E.  Klipsch then brought production of the 48 in-house, and designated it K-48-K.  Later when Pyle was acquired by Klipsch, K-48 manufacturing went to them, although I don't recall a letter change, as Pyle was a part of Klipsch.  All K-48's are functionally equivalent.  There may have been a pad ring change along the line.  

• Like 2

On 7/20/2020 at 2:11 PM, JRH said:

The original woofer was Eminence-built and designated K-48-E.  Klipsch then brought production of the 48 in-house, and designated it K-48-K.  Later when Pyle was acquired by Klipsch, K-48 manufacturing went to them, although I don't recall a letter change, as Pyle was a part of Klipsch.  All K-48's are functionally equivalent.  There may have been a pad ring change along the line.  

are all current K48 Eminence or Pyle or klipsch

15 hours ago, billybob said:

Yep K-48-K MKP

That K48 is a chest pounder in comparison to a K33 and the frame is cast  - 2 different speakers , too bad a  K33-k43 -k28  dont have a cast option  ( except the Crites ) -

• Like 1