Finally getting a 4K TV

wuzzzer

I've had my 70" Sharp Aquos Quattron 1080p since 2012.  It's an incredible TV.  I've been waiting for the right time to finally go to a 4K set.

I placed an order a couple days ago for a Hisense 65H9G from Amazon.  This TV is getting some incredible reviews.  It's selling out everywhere.  People who already have an OLED set are saying the black levels on the Hisense look almost the same.  1000 nits brightness.

I found a local seller with a NIB LG 4K player for $100 that I'll be buying. 

Should be getting the TV Friday.  I hope it lives up to its hype. 

• Like 3

I really wish they offered the set in a 75" version since I wasn't too excited about going to a smaller screen.  But, picture quality is very important to me so I'd rather sacrifice a little bit of size over quality.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I hope it looks great, and I am hoping out TV last a good while, I don't want to replace it.

Have fun, should be great TV. 👍

Great price, just 5-6 years ago a HD maby not even 4k was more than twice that much.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2020 at 3:25 AM, wuzzzer said:

I placed an order a couple days ago for a Hisense 65H9G

Hisense is a Chinese TV CIE , and they are built for the very tough  Chinese Market -

I've got a little black book with my poems in
I've got a bag with a toothbrush and a comb in
When I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone in

I got elastic bands keeping my shoes on
Got those swollen hand blues.
I got thirteen channels of shit on the T.V. to choose from

I've got electric light
And I've got second sight
Got amazing powers of observation

And that is how I know
When I try to get through
On the telephone to you
There'll be nobody home

I've got the obligatory Hendrix perm
And the inevitable pinhole burns
All down the front of my favourite satin shirt

I've got nicotine stains on my fingers
I've got a silver spoon on a chain
I've got a grand piano to prop up my mortal remains

I've got wild staring eyes
I've got a strong urge to fly
But I've got nowhere to fly to

Ooh, babe, when I pick up the phone
There's still nobody home

I've got a pair of Gohills boots
But I've got fading roots.

Finally got time to unbox and set the TV up tonight.  Luckily it survived the UPS gorillas. 

I'm really, really impressed by this TV.  So far I've watched the 1080p Blu-ray of Star Wars IX, some random 4k YouTube videos and a couple 4k movies on a roku 4k stick.  All looked fantastic.  Black levels are amazing.  Motion is incredibly smooth.  I was holding out for an OLED set but their prices are still a lot higher than I wanted to spend.  I'm going to pick up a 4k disc player this weekend.  I already have about a half dozen 4k discs.

I haven't done any major picture adjustments other than turning off all the picture enhancements that are usually on by default.  I have a setup disc that I'll use this weekend for a more in-depth calibration. 

If you're in the market for a great 'budget' TV, the 55" is selling for $649 and the 65" is selling for $949.

• Like 2

Brought home a Sony UBP-X700 today to go with the new TV.   Watching the 4k disc of Star Wars IX in Dolby Vision.  Holy cow.  How much more real looking can technology get??

Anyone else have the X700?  I see it also plays SACDs so that's cool.  Pretty awesome player for $179.

14 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

I see it also plays SACDs so that's cool.  Pretty awesome player for $179.

That's a really good price for the features and benefits. I love my Oppo but they really charged a premium for what is much less in today's market.

Congratz and enjoy!

15 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Brought home a Sony UBP-X700 today to go with the new TV.   Watching the 4k disc of Star Wars IX in Dolby Vision.  Holy cow.  How much more real looking can technology get??

Anyone else have the X700?  I see it also plays SACDs so that's cool.  Pretty awesome player for $179.

you can't go wrong with any Sony Product  ------and -their players have definitely come down in price as they make them outside of Japan to cut the labor costs