1979 Corwall pricing question

Hilltoppa

Need help to price out a 1979 Cornwall set in imaculate original condition. Not a scratch on them and still have the original finish. They are beautiful. They play fantastic but could probabky use a crossover upgrade due to age to make them sing. Live in the NY/Philly area. My question is how much of a premium does condition add? I was thinking of asking in the $1500 range but would like other, more knowlegeable, feedback. 

I bought them for myself but, after seeing them, they are too nice for my listening room.  They should be in a showcase arrangement.  I have a set of Cornwall 2's and love them. I was going to tower them with these but I think I need to pass them on to somebody who can show them.

All thoughts are aprreciated - even saying I am a fool for selling.

• Like 1

You can ask what you want but $1500 will be a tall order for Cornwalls unless they have an exotic wood finish and the original cartons and paperwork.  Expect $800 to $1200 tops.  Are they Walnut or Oak veneer, if they are Birch expect less.

Agreed. These are in pristine, museum quality shape. That is why I am struggling with the pricing. I figured between$750 to $1,000 for a Cornwall I in "B+" shape but these really are in "A+" shape. Never seen a vintage speaker in this good original condition. Thanks for the coments - I am going to keep a while and think on it.

• Like 1