Save the Lounge, Cuss at your TV

JohnJ

then what -- they rely on lame marketing to remain relevant?  I'll bet word of mouth from forum members does a better job showing the Klipsch flag than they do. 

not sure how old the Lounge is in regards to other threads; but it's pretty popular. if this place is reduced to just talking about the nuts & bolts of their products, I say visits to this website drop significantly. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

If it's to the point where Travis is threatening us with it as leverage, the decision has already been made.

Hate it.

I seem to remember he said the same in a less overt manner a few months ago.

Not meddling with the speakers I've got now anymore or the rig, heck it took me thirty years to change from what I'd collected the first decade when the stereo bug bit me. So the lounge is where I've spent 97% of my time here

• Like 1

I'll miss it, if they do close it down.

I've made a few friend here... and hope to stay in contact with

let's put the flame throwers down and appreciate varying opinions... Would be a very boring world, if we all agreed on everything. 

Embrace diversity and respectfully disagree

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

if this place is reduced to just talking about the nuts & bolts of their products, I say visits to this website drop significantly. 

It certainly would however that doesn't seem to be a concern.

IMHO Klipsch corporate stopped being a ‘family’ a while back. So family discussions are not an integral part of their business interests any longer. If we become too raucous they pull the plug. Despite our past purchases and devout product loyalty we’re more trouble than were worth (at times). It sad on all sides.

I don’t blame the powers that be from shutting this down.  If adults can’t control themselves, then they don’t deserve the privilege of this forum.  Ad hominem attacks, name calling, etc., are inappropriate.  It’s not necessary for me to know your politics or for you to know to mine, to discuss speakers, music or Chuck’s @Tarheel latest automotive purchase.

• Like 2

With the above taken into account.

Why would it bother them so much if they don't salary the moderators, or consider how they have deflated many problems here.

If they are upset about rules being broken then UPHOLD them!

Know that when I've been busted here it was mostly? I think? Response to constant one sided attacks towards one "thing" and "one thing" only.

How when that is allowed, is some recognizing their fallacies such a problematic issue?

"Here's Your Sign"

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

IMHO Klipsch corporate stopped being a ‘family’ a while back. So family discussions are not an integral part of their business interests any longer. If we become too raucous they pull the plug. Despite our past purchases and devout product loyalty we’re more trouble than were worth (at times). It sad on all sides.

Um no, they get complaints from their fans that it's all politics in here. 

180 from your view point, it used to be nice, friendly, discuss all things related to audio and Klipsch. Go back 10 years and look at threads, I have, people didn't discuss contentious topics other that digital vs. Analog.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

As you know, it has never been a concern to eliminate politics, race, religion from here.

My point was that it's not a concern for them to close the lounge if politics can not be eliminated.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Know that when I've been busted here it was mostly? I think? Response to constant one sided attacks towards one "thing" and "one thing" only.

It shouldn't be that people are in trouble for responding to constant posts from other side. That's a natural response. It should be that there is never the initial posts to begin with.

There are 5 or 6 here that 90% of their stuff has political undertones to it, left.over from no BS. That's all they respond to.

You eliminate them, it's all gone.