Save the Lounge, Cuss at your TV

JohnJ

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

My point was that it's not a concern for them to close the lounge if politics can not be eliminated.

I appologize, that is true, and I see it as a personal failure it that were to happen.

I understand their point, but progress seems to ebb and flow, I think @dtel post pinned above captures it.

12 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Um no, they get complaints from their fans that it's all politics in here. 

180 from your view point, it used to be nice, friendly, discuss all things related to audio and Klipsch. Go back 10 years and look at threads, I have, people didn't discuss contentious topics other that digital vs. Analog.

It has arrived here from somewhere better. It was nicer 10 years ago because 10 years ago a great many other people participated...... and many left of their own volition. Without that diversity the discussions tend to crust over often at the will of a handful of posters.

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Time for some tough love.

Or getting people on the same page.

Is it possible to discuss a topic, if of importance to everyone put has become a political issue? In other words, discuss the topic without bringing in the political sub-issues? Education would be one example. 

We all have points of view, what makes this place great. Reference vs. Heritage, music preferences, HT and 2.0.

I see it tracking towards FB, or an extension of whatever today's cable news is for the day. It's why I liked the title if this thread, yell at TV, not in here.

One more example, at some point there will be a vaccine, is it possible to discuss I am going to get it,.or I have gotten it, or I won't get it, 100% free of political innuendo? Or is that asking too much because the issue is inextricably intertwined with politics?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Clueless as usual 

John-Candy-Okay.I-See.gif

40 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

As you know, it has never been a concern to eliminate politics, race, religion from here.

36 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

There are 5 or 6 here that 90% of their stuff has political undertones to it, left.over from no BS. That's all they respond to.

You eliminate them, it's all gone.

Well, which is it?

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

There are 5 or 6 here that 90% of their stuff has political undertones to it, left.over from no BS. That's all they respond to.

You eliminate them, it's all gone.

Sounds like you have your solution then.  If I'm on the short list then say goodbye for me.

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

It has arrived here from somewhere better. It was nicer 10 years ago because 10 years ago a great many other people participated...... and many left of their own volition. Without that diversity the discussions tend to crust over often at the will of a handful of posters.

Why did they leave? (I know many, and why, but not everyone), was it the Forum, or politics,  personal attacks,.they discussed everything, new interests?