Save the Lounge, Cuss at your TV

JohnJ

On 7/21/2020 at 9:33 AM, CECAA850 said:

Time for some tough love.

the current discussions on the lounge  are not that negative   , they are trivial ,  and  they are being  blown out of proportion , since they cannot really influence any political result and  just like the BS section was  ,   -they took it down ,and ever since ,  it 's looking for every crack to resurface ,  in the end , reviving the BS section is deserving - and if that alone is the reason for the discussions , then , we are doing very well as a Forum -  we talk , we discuss , we converge , and in the end , we are dynamic -

-discussions and points of views on the forum  are  always  personal and they do not represent any political entities, and  had they been that bad , the lounge would have been  Closed long ago , 

I really wonder why we never hear of the complainers ,   if they are out there , let them become part of the discussion ,and participate ,   it's only fair to speak and to hear others , shutting out the discussion , is like being in China or Russia and I hope that we have not come to that point

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

the current discussions on the lounge  are not that negative   , they are trivial ,  and  they are being  blown out of proportion , since they cannot really influence any political result and  just like the BS section was  ,   -they took it down ,and ever since ,  it 's looking for every crack to resurface ,  in the end , reviving the BS section is deserving - and if that alone is the reason for the discussions , then , we are doing very well as a Forum -  we talk , we discuss , we converge , and in the end , we are dynamic -

Here's the problem I would see as a mod and still see today.  Certain topics are listed as not to be discussed.  They aren't just some random topics put together for no reason.  They're topics that generate strong feelings and are known to create conflict among members.  If left unchecked or unmoderated they'd spiral out of control.  It's been proven time and time again over the years.  The BS section was created to keep that type of discussion off of the main forum but even there lines were crossed that could put Klipsch at a liability.  There's a set of rules that everyone agrees to in order to participate on the forum.  A few members dont think that the rules apply to them which other members dont appreciate.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

A few members dont think that the rules apply to them which other members dont appreciate.

complaints   to Mods is becoming a Nuclear option  ---, if you don't like a thread , just go to another thread or post your opinion as part of the overall discussion

• Thanks 1

Mmmmmkay......    IMHO moderation here has become too sensitized. We seem to see very nuanced terms interpreted in their worst possible connotations. Additionally it would appear that these moderated interpretations are ‘lensed’ through the eyes of the moderator and their individual biases are periodically evidenced. They may as well change the guideline from what not to discuss but what can be discussed. It would be clearer to say - discuss only the mundane things in life and nothing of importance. So here goes....

I like chocolate. 

• Sad 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

IMHO moderation here has become too sensitized.

Me i don't care about others opinions, it's the personal attacks which tend to fire people up and have them complain, and were expected to do something about it.

I have looked the other way so much I can see behind me now, It does not work. 

1 hour ago, RandyH000 said:

complaints   to Mods is becoming a Nuclear option  ---, if you don't like a thread , just go to another thread or post your opinion as part of the overall discussion

If you could get that through some people heads that would be great, thanks.

3 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

reviving the BS section is deserving

Not going to happen, it was removed because as usual someone had to break even those rules. This left the owner klipsch on the hook to as looking like they supported what was being said there, it was not worth it to them to please a few people.

1 hour ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Additionally it would appear that these moderated interpretations are ‘lensed’ through the eyes of the moderator and their individual biases are periodically evidenced.

Yes that can happen, I try not to let my opinion affect what I do, I look past what i don't like. It just get's hard when you see people intentionally try to instigate confrontations.

It even goes as far as people following others waiting for a chance to inject a snide comment, it happens pretty regularly.  

It's sad how some can't be happy without drama, I'm the opposite, I hate it. Life's to short to constantly live in controversy.

My political view should not define everything about me and everything I do and make me feel like I need to push it on everyone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dtel said:

This left the owner klipsch  as looking like they supported what was being said there

woud'nt a legal disclaime  clear klipsch  from posts made by members if the disclaimer is added to the bottom of the post with a Clear mention to the position of Klipsch --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Dsclaimer -------KLIPSCH  Inc  , does not support-----etc - etc

43 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

woud'nt a legal disclaime  clear klipsch  from posts made by members if the disclaimer is added to the bottom of the post with a Clear mention to the position of Klipsch --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Dsclaimer -------KLIPSCH  Inc  , does not support-----etc - etc

It's right there in the TOS.  Lots of disclaimers.

50 minutes ago, dtel said:

I don't know, but lawyers don't even trust lawyers. 

I think legal had something to do with shutting it down probably didn't want the problems ?

makes a kot of sense ----dump it before it stings you