Theater Upgrade Budgeting

ryancox1036

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to spend up to $2000 on upgrades this year and budgeting recommendations would be appreciated.

My current setup is as follows

Receiver: Sony STR-DH790
Left/Right: Pioneer FS52

Center: Pioneer C22

Surround: JBL Loft30

Sub: 2x Polk PSW108

I also have a pair of RP-140SA Atmos modules that I haven't set up yet. 

My space is about 11'x11' and opens to the kitchen behind. 

I'm leaning towards replacing Left Right and Center with a pair of RP-600m and a RP-504c next time they go on sale. 

I drew a sketch of the front wall with this configuration (attached). I thought the center on a stand might prevent dialog from sounding like it's coming from a subjects crotch, but this approach had zero WAF and seeing how deep and heavy that center is has me reconsidering as well.

I'm sure someone will have something to say about mains sitting on top of subs as well. Do I move the subs off the front wall so I can put the mains straight to the floor even if it means only running one sub? Consider floorstanding speakers? Put the mains on the entertainment center on shorter risers?

I'll be looking forward to feedback on these selections as well as where to allocate the rest of the $2000 budget. 

Thanks a bunch.

72120.JPG

20200718_195140.jpg