Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
7heavenlyplaces

Are you really, REALLY pleased with the sound?

Recommended Posts

...with the sound that you are listening to  through your Klipsch speakers?

 

If so, then;

 

Please describe the salient features which make your system really, really  pleasing;....please only say the best of the best.  I am trying to get at the 'cream of the crop' --or--"the most significant "  improvements' here.

 

Thank you and keep  it clean (I've  been spanked enough lately here).  😁

 

Thanks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The speakers are fine. The Denon is not. The best sound I had was with the Ampex reel to reel deck and with the  Fisher 202B amp with center channel output in 1969.

JJK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The system that I enjoy the most has morphed over the years.  I've plugged things in and out while always looking for something that I enjoy better than what's currently in there.  Some things stay while others are changed.  At times I'll make a move that regresses the sound then remove whatever component I just installed.  It's not just one thing that makes that system the best to MY ears rather the synergy of the system as a whole brought about after years of trying different things.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time I think I've got the best sound I can possibly get, I stumble upon something that makes it sound better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My systems have improved with time and my hearing has worsened. At some point they crossed paths. I dearly wished now that I owned my current system whence I was younger and able to appreciate it better.

 

In our house I gauge how ‘good’ my system sounds based upon the responses of others......   and it sounds grand.🤗👌🥳🎉

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My last upgrade was a huge jump in a quality sub. Im pretty pleased right now, but......maybe tubes?!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

The system that I enjoy the most has morphed over the years.

That is positively true for me, morose in the last 1-2 years, many improvements, mostly in implementation.

 

11 hours ago, 7heavenlyplaces said:

..please only say the best of the best.  I am trying to get at the 'cream of the crop' --or--"the most significant "  improvements' here.

The way things were setup made big improvements, crossover points, adjusting input voltage between pro and consumer, and adding a much better sub.

 

What I like the most, very large sound (not volume) and the detail. 

 

59 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

I dearly wished now that I owned my current system whence I was younger and able to appreciate it better.

In a way yes, but also no, I probably would have been in trouble with the neighbors and police.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dtel said:

That is positively true for me, morose in the last 1-2 years

 

 

Well cheer up my friend!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This past year has brought many changes in my system and how I listen to music and watch TV etc etc. Bought a new AVR that had preamp outs and a MA252 integrated amp to mate with my new Yamaha AVR which I used to stream Spotify and watch TV and movies. Picked up some beater Heresy speakers which I cleaned up, replaced caps and woofers. Installed foam insulation and then re veneered them and the surround sound was far superior to the rear speakers I had been using. I then sold the MA252 and got a Primaluna Evo 400 and that brought the level of the system up quite a few notches. My AVR had problems losing connection to the internet so I got a Bluesound Node2i and it connects first time every time. AWESOME!!!! But not done yet - I bought a Denefrips Dac that sounds fantastic much less digital glare to the sound. A few weeks ago I replaced the tweeters in my Forte 1s with Dave A,s Lmahl tweeps and that raised the bar another notch higher and its bliss as of now!!!! The super tweeters took the Fortes to another level - listening to less records these days but much more music with Tidal playlists getting dialed in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Tarheel said:
27 minutes ago, dtel said:

That is positively true for me, morose in the last 1-2 years

 

 

Well cheer up my friend!

I am a happy person, usually. Well 99% of the time.

 

As far as this hobby, no matter how much you spend or what you have, it will never sound like a live performance. For those who think they have reached that point, they need to go hear more live music, and be honest.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dtel said:

I am a happy person, usually. Well 99% of the time.

 

As far as this hobby, no matter how much you spend or what you have, it will never sound like a live performance. For those who think they have reached that point, they need to go hear more live music, and be honest.

Yes its not a live performance but much closer to the energy of a live gig then my older systems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dtel said:

 

 

In a way yes, but also no, I probably would have been in trouble with the neighbors and police.

 loud back then was really loud , loud today  is playing you car stereo-----------

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

since I only have about 15% of my hearing left at best ... and hearing aids aren't a friend to music ... no, I'm no longer satisfied ... but at least I can hear it and do my best to still enjoy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fido said:

Yes its not a live performance but much closer to the energy of a live gig then my older systems.

Positively, love the live sound at home instead of tame or a laid back polite sound.

 

And by far the best I have ever had, easily.

 

.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please describe what salient means to you...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "soundstage" instruments separated and coming from different levels, layers in the room. Then the sub and hearing all the bass in music I've known and heard many times. The improvement in bass from the Heresy II to the Forte III only made me want more, Bill Fitzmaurice more!

Couldn't do that but salient?

Mr. @Schu  Yes it is that much better!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

since I only have about 15% of my hearing left at best ... and hearing aids aren't a friend to music ... no, I'm no longer satisfied ... but at least I can hear it and do my best to still enjoy it.

if you swing an implant --------you can gain almost 80%    , but the operation is risky at your age ------

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely loved my previous pair of La Scalas... with John Albright's DHA2 crossover design and Bob Crites CT125 tweeters. Later replced the tweeter horn for a larger Eminence horn in a baffle ( set on top and aligned with the mid driver ). They were wonderful when paired with my 2a3 tube amps. The term used above was synergy... The room would disappear and leave me immersed in the music. I never should have sold the LS to Dean.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

but the operation is risky at your age

my age?  I'll have you know that three months ago I was carded when I bought a six pack of beer.

I met with a specialist and it was her opinion that the value I'd get from surgery wasn't worth the risk since there are hearing aids powerful enough to get the sound through. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

my age?  I'll have you know that three months ago I was carded when I bought a six pack of beer.

I met with a specialist and it was her opinion that the value I'd get from surgery wasn't worth the risk since there are hearing aids powerful enough to get the sound through. 

Steve , For sure , the implant is only good for people that can't get better with  hearing aids -----kids mostly , the implants give them back a full life -

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...