Sophie Lloyd

TasDom

While she's good I have to admit I also dont realy like this style . Similar situation,while I like spanish guitar I'm turned off by flamenco style.

To me it seems to lack musicality or more importantly emotion. I fall in the David Gilmore  style fan

She's a Posser

Watched several of these. All of them have her "playing" along with the (original?) recording. Even the Fender Performer Strat Solo & review. The little bit she plays by herself at the end isn't very good. Armature eye candy though, for sure.

Playing along with a recording is very different from playing with a live band, or just ****ing around by yourself.

Here's a  REAL girl MUSICIAN. Gramdma smokes the guitar!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

There is always someone else better. 

That's not the point.

All of her videos, are about her. Not her playing. Like I said, she's playing along with the recording.

CASE IN POINT STORY:

Many decades ago when I was a young man one of my guitar buddies got out of the service so naturally we decided to start another band.

We put an ad in the newspaper for a drummer. This guy responds but wants us to come over to his place. He said he had a rehearsal space in the basement so went there to check it out.

The guy gets on his kit to show us his chops. But before he does anything on the drums he puts on a record, and then starts playing, along with the record. Great.

We drag our amps out of the cars and setup in his basement. We try a tune. Same thing the guy played on the record. Me & Gary look at each like WTF? He couldn't even keep a steady beat by himself. You can practice along with a recording all you want. But at some point that becomes a liability more than an asset. Playing live with other musicians is something very different than just ripping off some notes by yourself, or especially with a record, that plays everything exactly the same every time, backing you up.

The other point I'd like to make is that the very few moments Sophia Lloyd plays by herself, it's lifeless. It has little or no Feel. No feeling. Just notes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

Thanks artto... I've watched Joanna Conner before. She's rocking the neighborhood!

The first time I saw Joanna Conner was at a Chicago Blues Fest WAY back (80's?).

She took about 20 years off the music scene to attend to her family life/kids. She's been back a couple years now. Doesn't seem to have lost anything and better than ever.

But it's kind of funny. Just looking at her you would never suspect that gramda smokes the guitar like that.

3 hours ago, TasDom said:

Better?

"My First Attempt at Jazz (kind of...)"

Give me a break.

No one plays Jazz like that on their first attempt. You have to learn the music. You have to KNOW the music. And by then it's clearly not a "first attempt".

And as I previously stated, let's see her play that song all by herself instead of with the recording which she has obviously practiced along with many, many times.