WTB: La Scalas... for the love of god, please.

boleiro

• 1 month later...

so life has been very busy... since my last reply I have sold my condo and have just entered into contract on a new house.  However, during all this I have not wavered in my pursuit of my very own La Scala's.  I am very happy to announce that today I picked up my "new to me" 1976 La Scalas.  They are beat up, they are black, but they are mine!   Was able to audition them before buying for $900 and they sound amazing.  The seller was really cool and went over all the upgrades he made to the XO's... he built the XO's himself from the ALK design back in 2004 before the prebuilt XO's were offered.  He made a few additional upgrades to the crossovers over the years like Tweeter specific hookup wire, fuses from Japan, varying taps for time alignment and others I didn't quite understand.  Point being, they are working awesome.  Some quick pics below taken right before I put them in my storage space... so hard to close that door.  Won't be able to listen to them on my system until September 28th when I move into the new house.  Sucks, but happy to get have them waiting for me when the new listening room is ready.  

just wanted to update you all since everyone was so great about helping me find a pair.   The plan is to listen to them for a month or so and then get them freshened up with some 1/4" panels and stain them.  Want them to look as good as they sound.

thanks again for the support!

EA732112-4D47-4555-B82A-4D5A0DC5F60B_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.e356536b81ea8dacafc67a7e5356a88d.jpeg

AF80B3B5-6407-49CD-BE10-949440097FE4_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.0fd6c94a805981fbc3697e5e68c0692e.jpeg 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, boleiro said:

today I picked up my "new to me" 1976 La Scalas.  They are beat up, they are black, but they are mine!   Was able to audition them before buying for $900 and they sound amazing.

Congrats , they are in 1 piece cabs , all wood   -----badges are intact -----a light sanding , wood filler - repaint and you're set

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Congrats.

What is going on with La Scalas?  The price is going through the roof. 

Don’t know but I look at my black LS as L/R gold mines. I’ve removed the Klipsch logo and installed - 💵$💵$💵$💵

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, absolve2525 said:

Congrats! My pair is black also, nothing wrong with that. I'm sure they sound great. What are you powering them with? 

I wanted a nice cherry or walnut finish... but the black is growing on me.   I use a Line Magnetic LM211ia always on triode mode.  I'm definitely going to refinish these... but everything is working great and it sounds awesome.  I want to get a nice warm solid state integrated amp to really push these with some power to hear how that feels.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
59 minutes ago, WillPeters said:

@dtel is right down the road from Mandaville. 

Edit: I approved the post just above, I figured it was cool in a WTB post (as opposed to someone selling LS's. If y'all think it is an issue and can move to alerts.

Travis

• Like 1

• 2 months later...