new Klipschorn owner

vincentq

Hi every one,

I am happy to have bought on Ebay old Khorn Ak3

I am still using a pair of Cornwall 3 and the idea was to improve my listening by this update.

First-of all I could not "read" the serial number to learn about the date of production. 

Can you help me ?

20200622_093312_resized.jpg

20200622_093158_resized.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 6:34 AM, vincentq said:

Hi every one,

I am happy to have bought on Ebay old Khorn Ak3

I am still using a pair of Cornwall 3 and the idea was to improve my listening by this update.

First-of all I could not "read" the serial number to learn about the date of production. 

Can you help me ?

please send us pictures of the rear of the khorn , there should be a K55M midrange and a K77M  square magnet tweeter -

On 7/26/2020 at 8:08 AM, vincentq said:

the speakers are K77M square magnet, K55M and K33.

To Budman why do you say 1990 ?

1991 -

-we could also use the  serial numbers on the  Woofer K33- The midrange K55M, and the Tweeter K77M  for date matching  if the components are stamped  with a serial number

I replaced a pair of CW IIs with Khorns (1990 AK3 also) in my living room about 15 years ago.  The CWs were much more forgiving with regards to speaker placement and room treatments, but once the Khorns were "diailed in" to the room, then CWs could not compare to the big, dynamic, live sound of the Khorns.  That was 15 years ago (sold the CW IIs since).  Give it some time and work with your room.

30 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

is  the PN 09000910010 the same   -

Not sure, and I am not inclined to pull them out to look (I may have photos of the labels somewhere).  I do know the the bass bins SNs were 1989 and the tops 1990 (or vice versa).

8 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

what a suspense   ?  --09000910010 would be quite a coincidence ---

I'm operating one-handed for a while.  I burned the crap out of my right hand yesterday on a cast iron skillet. My photos would be prior to digital and not so easy to find.

4 hours ago, mustang_flht said:

@ mustang_flht

Thank you or your help but as you can see it doesn't fit with the document you use.....

@ Skelt

Thank you for that so I am the second one to get a "special" unknown serial number......

@ RandyH000

Thank you for the info...i cannot find stamped or marked on the tweeter or the midrange; but there is a lable on the woofer . I think I read : K33 13162 or 15162 4ohms and below 67- 711601350G2

see the picture

@ Seadog

Yes I know all that and of course this is why I am working on the Khorn.......

woofer.jpg

• Like 2