Crossover cap

CECAA850

I'm about to recap a pair of Chorus one crossovers.  There's currently a non polarized  radial 68uf in the woofer section and I want to replace it with a like kind.  I found one with the proper lead spacing but wasn't sure if it would work as it's rated for 50v and I believe the one currently in there is 100.

It's THIS cap.  

9 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I found one with the proper lead spacing but wasn't sure if it would work as it's rated for 50v and I believe the one currently in there is 100.

You can replace a 50V cap with a 100V cap, but you can't replace a 100V cap with a 50V cap.

EDIT: sorry, searched for 100V caps but forgot non-polarized.

I have used an Audyn 68uf poly cap from Parts Express with very good results.    https://parts-express.com/audyn-cap-q4-68uf-400v-mkp-metalized-polypropylene-foil-crossover-capacitor--027-123

If you want to do this I will walk you through it. Let me know and we can talk. I have used those dinky electrolytics also and they are not the same and do not sound as good.

42 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Probably going with the Audyn.  I've used them in an H2 recap and really liked them.  I'll fit it in there.  Thanks again for all the reply's.

Carl ,   sorry to but in  , where do you  buy the Audyn.from , local guy , or online