Best Material for KP-301 II Outdoor Protection Covers?

jlmoore3rd

I have a pair of KP-301 IIs that I'm using on our backyard patio, and would like to be able to leave them out during the milder months. I've done a search for protective "bags/covers" to no avail. I have access to an industrial sewing machine, so I could sew a pair of protective covers... anyone done this, and have a suggestion for the best weather-safe material?

TIA

John Moore

,even if they are covered with fabric , they cabs  can dry  from the heat , (  and so can the woofer cone  -mids-highs diaphragms  )   rain is another factor to consider as the bottoms are unprotected  if they sit on a wet area , they rot  , a vented  waterproof  wooden box would be ideal to circulate the air   and keep the water and sun rays away  when not in use ---------

• Moderators
7 hours ago, jlmoore3rd said:

I have a pair of KP-301 IIs that I'm using on our backyard patio, and would like to be able to leave them out during the milder months. I've done a search for protective "bags/covers" to no avail. I have access to an industrial sewing machine, so I could sew a pair of protective covers... anyone done this, and have a suggestion for the best weather-safe material?

TIA

John Moore

I have to say, seriously, I admire your talent.

I could no more do that than fly to the moon.

• Moderators
On 7/24/2020 at 2:33 PM, jlmoore3rd said:

TIA

John Moore

The huge KP600's have very nice heavy zip up protective covers, but there still not made to be left in the weather. (rain)

Will they be under a patio out of the rain ?

I ask because i have some Heresy's out in a garden tiki bar but they are under a roof for years now, they never come in. They were a rough pair and I painted them with black exterior house paint and put them out there.

There was some KP 362 speakers Klipsch installed at NHRA tracks, outside all the time, but they have a littler easier time replacing them than we do, I don't know what they were coated with ?

If there under a patio out of the rain I wouldn't worry about them.

12 minutes ago, dtel said:

There was some KP 362 speakers Klipsch installed at NHRA tracks, outside all the time, but they have a littler easier time replacing them than we do, I don't know what they were coated with ?

the klipsch PRO Products are a huge success story ---they are gaining ground every year -more so in the USA , and even in Canada , they have 50% of cinema theatres

I've had speakers on my back patio for decades with not one driver failure.  It's covered and out of the rain but open once had a driver issue.  The pair I have now is the very first pair that I've covered.  I've had some out there uncovered for 5-6 years.  Never an issue.