Scotch, Scotsman, Scottish (This had to be saved)

Marvel

14 hours ago, H-D Rider said:

Oh ffs now I`am Scottish .Whiskey for everyone .

------- Drambuie is the real Scot's Drink  , Pipers drink a mixture of Scotch and honey /spices during Wartime  or anytime a Highland Regiment goes into action  , or during a feast ,   for quite a few years now Drambuie is the favorite   and it is even poured over haggis -

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Marvel said:

Drinking Scotch can be like sucking water off a mossy river bottom...

I agree.

I've been mixing Drambuie this way for decades.

50/50  with Canadian Rye - CC,  Wiser's,  Crown Royal etc.

Not what you call "Rye" in the US.

The best after a steak dinner or just a goodnight sip.

Drambuie.JPG

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NADman said:

I've been mixing Drambuie this way for decades.

50/50  with Canadian Rye - CC,  Wiser's,  Crown Royal etc.

Since you like  to mix Drambuie , you  should try GLAYVA ,  it mixes with Canadian Rye better than with Drambuie ------

Glayva Liqueur

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

brother in law used to drink Rusty Nails ... scotch and drambuien-- horribly sweet if I recall?

Drambuie is Scotch whiskey that is added with Honey-Herbs and spices to make it into an alcohol energetic drink  , and it is the favorite drink  at all Highland Regiment's Officer's  Messes ----------

-for Centuries the Scots of all Clans would make their own mix  , and one  can make his own blend  although Drambuie is a perfect blend , and Glayva is the clear second ,  Pipers drink Drambuie in a bowl  when they are on for several hours ,

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

A real man's liqueur is cognac.

before I knew my father in law very well (actually not sure if he was my father in law yet) he had some business in San Francisco and I was living across the bay. Met him at his hotel and he bought dinner. He wasn't hurting for money and stayed in nice places. The hotel restaurant was fancy and after dinner they brought around a drink cart. He orders and I was a beer drinker or shots of tequila; but wanted to impress him. So I snuck a peek at the cart and remembered the first label that I could read .... then I asked the server, "Do you have Jagermeister?"  Sadly, they did and it was horrible. Talk about drinking Vicks Formula 44 ... as I put it to my mouth I said to myself, "This is what you get for trying to be a show off."

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Yeah, but they blow....

it's easier said than done    ---blowing air through the mouth piece while using  1 arm to control the pressure in the leather bag of the bagpipe and play with both hands -the process takes between 3-4  years  to master -

• Like 1