NHL

OO1

15 minutes ago, Seadog said:

I'm not sure I would ever move there, but Canada is a great place to visit.

My wife and I last year at Whistler

if you ever pass by Montreal , or Quebec City , you would find an entirely different Culture , and the Oldest settlements  in North America , and  4-500 year old  buildings still standing -  a bit like the Older parts of Europe -

Old Quebec City and Old Port historical tour

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

Hockey Night Canada is ON ---------CBC ------Canadians of Mtl Versus Pittsburgh Penguins , I  am taking for the Montreal Canadians , Go HABS Go -NHL: Montreal Canadiens Ice Time Avatar on PS4 | Official ...

that's a sport that I never could get interested in.  been to a hockey game and still didn't generate any excitement.  

glad those of you that enjoy it have it -- but, I don't get the appeal. 

• Like 1

Just now, BigStewMan said:

that's a sport that I never could get interested in.  been to a hockey game and still didn't generate any excitement.  

glad those of you that enjoy it have it -- but, I don't get the appeal. 

lopk , you grew up in LA  ,   we grew up with Hockey , ,the game started in Montreal  over 100 years ago, the stoppers used barrels of hock ale ,  which were called hocky -

, by 2030   , there will be more NHL teams in the USA than there is NFL-Baseball-or Basketball -

the Stanley Cup is several feet long  , they cut off 2 rings -  1 foot long every 10 years , as they can't add any more names on the cup for it to be lifted -   the Headquarters were in Montreal  , they are now in Toronto  , big business -

----the players are not paid during the finals , it's just passion for the cup - if you think hockey is boring , next time you're in Montreal , stop by  -

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

if you think hockey is boring , next time you're in Montreal , stop by 

if I'm in Canada, there is a rather beautiful gal that I'd rather spend time with than watching a hockey game. if she wanted me to go to a game with her, then I would for sure. 

nothing wrong with hockey, just saying that I could never get interested in it ... just like soccer -- been to a game and still don't like watching it. 

you're right though, in SoCal, it was basketball, baseball, and football when I was growing up. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

It's fast, full of action and contact, and sometimes a fight.  It's everything the NFL wished it could be except they have the fighting (at least in the stands).  

the last Raider game that I went to in Oakland, (according to the newspaper) there were 27 arrests in the parking lot before the game even started. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

if I'm in Canada, there is a rather beautiful gal that I'd rather spend time with than watching a hockey game. if she wanted me to go to a game with her, then I would for sure. 

nothing wrong with hockey, just saying that I could never get interested in it ... just like soccer -- been to a game and still don't like watching it. 

you're right though, in SoCal, it was basketball, baseball, and football when I was growing up. 

Well  both of you , can head off to a great restaurant  or a  good bar for a tete- a -tete , they have a lot of cozy  , quiet places as well -

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 8:58 PM, RandyH000 said:

Hockey Night Canada is ON ---------CBC ------Canadians of Mtl Versus Pittsburgh Penguins , I  am taking for the Montreal Canadians , Go HABS Go -NHL: Montreal Canadiens Ice Time Avatar on PS4 | Official ...

My son wore a Habs shirt in grade 9. In Barrie, an hour north of Toronto!

I told him there were easier, safer ways to make a first impression.

But Hockey Night In Canada has lost it’s lustre since Don Cherry got sacrificed to the PC police.

I always thought he should run for office. “Grapes for PM!”

Nevermind, “you people” wouldn’t understand... LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• OO1 changed the title to NHL