NHL

OO1

On 9/5/2021 at 8:58 AM, JohnJ said:

and yeah the Habs drew first blood recent enough.

not so sure  .........2 years ago - AHO  used the Canadiens to get a better contract from the Hurricanes who did not want to pay as much as he was asking  , so ,  his Agent called around the league ,  the Canadiens , negotiated the deal and sent AHO the offer sheet ..........but AHO  never wanted to play in Montreal -

• 2 months later...

Montreal Canadiens Nominate Jeff Gorton as their Executive Vice-President of Hockey Operations , and He is highly recommended by the NHL Commissioner the Honorable  Gary Bettman  ,  Mr Gorton  becomes  the 2nd in Command at the CH NHL team -

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not really, but for the time we spent this season at the top (points wise) it stinks.

We had just got Pesce & DeAngelo back (not for the CA games).

https://www.canescountry.com/2021/12/14/22834176/quick-whistles-carolina-hurricanes-another-setback-replacing-sebastian-aho-jaccob-slavin-elite-nhl

Edited by JohnJ
link

• 2 weeks later...

I get it when nobody shares the enthusiasm that I have for my teams :cool: 

Known it about the Hurricanes since those leprechaun announcers bad mouthed them when I started watching them non-stop recovering after the big operation in the `01 postseason. I kept the NHL Network on for days on end watching the BBC line and more!

to the point 

Not to early to start thinking President's Cup this year for one of Rod's better squads. After two weeks of no play `cause someone somewhere had the sniffles they just rocked one of the Original Six that's always been given all the accolades when the talking heads start up.

Need to look up #4 and see what he's got on this. After all he blocked more shots in the spring of `06 than almost anyone else and cleared our end tirelessly & timely many times!

Aaron Knows!

• Like 1

The Jets are hanging with us on PP right now but... 

we've still got the best points % and PA even being five games behind what Tampa's played!

* So sorry Dougie, ya know we all think you got a raw deal from TD. Get well man and back to your kinda goofy fun-lovin' self soon!

Edited by JohnJ
* Dougie took a bad puck!

• OO1 changed the title to NHL