Go Texas Rangers! July 24th and in 1st place!

Seadog

3 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

congrats!  you buying the beer?

Absolutely!  I could have bought a beer for everyone in the stands and got change back for a twenty, but I chose to watch on TV.  I did see Laura Bush sitting next to Pudge Rodriguez behind home plate.  They looked a little stiff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

not sure about the rangers, but I was watching the dodgers/giants last night, and the dodgers have the same cutouts, apparently people are paying several hundred dollars to have their image put in a seat. 

I'll tell you my friend, if we're ever on the same part of the globe ... drinks are on me!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

. . . apparently people are paying several hundred dollars to have their image put in a seat. 

Two of the cardboard fans appear to be Mary Hart and her husband who have the same seats in real life.

73368711-C7D1-489F-A28D-DC3318893477.jpeg

The new "field" is every bit as crappy as i imagined it would be.  So even without fans the roof is overhead.  The ground rules are nebulous about the inevitable rafter caroms.  Ugly fake grass.  It is even worse than the joke that the astros play in.  The "old" place was great.  I never understood some of the deep criticism of it.  The new owner is more concerned with his new "building" than with building a good team.

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

The "old" place was great.  I never understood some of the deep criticism of it. 

Calling the Ballpark in Arlington (as it was originally named) the "old" place makes me feel old.  I attended the first night game there, which was the second game ever there, and that really doesn't seem that long ago to me.  Oh well, I guess I am old.  Sadly, my employer offered me (and all employees over 59) early retirement last week.  Even more sadly, there is no way I can afford to retire now.