Forte II Speakers

Scully

I have a pair of Forte II speakers that I am trying to understand what they are worth.  I came across this Forum so hopefully someone can help me.  I bought them new in 1990 and just recently put them back in their original boxes.  I would appreciate someone's help to see what a fair asking price would be for these speakers.  

Thanks.

Untitled 3.jpg

Untitled 2.jpg

Untitled.jpg

• Thanks 1

Atlanta is a great resale market for Klipsch. Being they’re black can be a slight deduction but if you have the original cardboard boxes that’s a plus. If I didn’t already have a set along with heresy ii, chorus and chorus ii. I’d save you the hassle of posting them at all. 😁

On 7/25/2020 at 9:07 AM, Scully said:

I have a pair of Forte II speakers that I am trying to understand what they are worth.

since you have the boxes , the badges , grilles , and all are intact ---1000$ ,and you can post these on this forum ,  in the garage section,

-you're the 1st owner , this is a plus -

• Like 1

13 hours ago, makos said:

The woofers look a little rough in your pictures, compared to the overall cosmetics. You might want to take better pictures or clarify any issues they may have.

GLWS

Agreed. There are a lot of pluses that have been mentioned, but the photos you posted do not tell the whole story. Condition is a big factor to their value. If they were mint I'd easily see them going for top dollar considering the other pluses mentioned. If they are in need of repair, that changes the value potentially a lot. I'm not in the market, but before I made a 4 or 5 hour drive, I'd have to see more than what you posted to pay more than $500. At $500, someone could just hope for the best based on the other pluses. 

Thanks to both of you for your input.  I tried to upload better pictures but the files are too big.  The last thing I want to do is waste someones time or money.  I have not experienced any issues with these speakers and would like to sell them and hopefully make someone a good deal.  

15 minutes ago, W27 said:

I believe you just need to clean the the rubber on those and they’ll shine like knew. The Forte have inverted surrounds on the woofer that are dust magnets. 

Good idea -------clean your speakers , before posting an ad -----

• 2 years later...
On 7/28/2020 at 6:01 PM, Scully said:

Thank you.  I really appreciate the help with these speakers.  I didn't know where to start and I'm glad I found this forum.  I just need to make a decision on a fair price and post.

I just sold my 1 owner pair of forte II in clear Oak, circa 1992.  They were mint like yours with original boxes.  Sold for $1,000.00 to a forum member.  I would list yours at 1K and go no less than $850.00  GLWS and welcome to the forum.

On 7/28/2020 at 2:33 PM, OO1 said:

since you have the boxes , the badges , grilles , and all are intact ---1000$ ,and you can post these on this forum ,  in the garage section,

-you're the 1st owner , this is a plus -

I would start at $1200 and gauge the response.  Atlanta is a huge metro area. I always prefer to start high on CL and Marketplace as it limits responses from flippers and low ballers.