Lf-10 worth it?

Foost

In the market for a sub. Has to keep up with Rf-3's and possible upgrade from there. I found an LF-10 at brandnamez.com for less than $900. What do you guys think? I do realize that there would be no warranty, would this be a major issue with the LF-10? Is this one of the better prices out there?

I bought an LH10 for around $500. on ubid a while back. It carries the full Klipsch warranty. I liked it so much I bought a second for about the same price. These were discontinued due to production problems (air leaks) so I would not buy one from other than an authorized Klipsch dealer. They were made to go with the reference series, I think (although they are labeled "signature series" on their boxes.

I have had 2 LF 10's and I have replaced both defective LF 10's.

You can do a lot better for the money too. Look at Paradigm's PW2200 in that price range and you will get a warranty, better performance, higher output and you should be able to walk in just about any local dealer and walk out their door with it today for the price of the LF 10 you mentioned here.

If you must have Klipsch then I would STRONGLY suggest waiting for the new Reference subs coming out next month. You are pretty close to the cost of an RSW12(new ref sub).

Klipsch abandoned ship on the LF 10's for a reason and I suggest you do the same even though I did like both of mine when they worked.