The Klipsch Audio Community
codewritinfool

GONE: Pair of One Electron UBT-3 3K to 16/8/4 OPT

NO LONGER AVAILABLE

I have a pair of One Electron UBT-3 output transformers.
3K ohms to 16/8/4 ohms.

Specs here: https://www.tubesandmore.com/sites/d...s/p-tubt-3.pdf

These are like new. I hooked them up to a TSE-II board, but never applied power. Leads are original lengths.

$165 for the pair, $35 USPS shipping to the lower 48.

Your link does not seem to work for me.

Are they SE outputs or P-P ?  If SE, they would be fine for the entire 2A3 family, or a KT88 or a KT`150 amp.

Can you safely pack both inside a single USPS Medium Flat rate box ??

Jeff

EDIT:  Here below, is the data sheet.  I'd conservatively run the Finals tube at 42 to 44 mA. MAXIMUM ( not 60 mA. !!!!!!!!! ), about 250 VDC P-K , and it will sound great, will be wide band, fast, and LOW in distortion.  Finals tube will last for decades, and sound superior, due to less thermal stress on the tube, and less UNbalanced DC on the SE Output transformer's core.  I can show you how to use that XFR for a DIY build !!

http://www.one-electron.com/Products/Trans/UBT3_10.pdf

Thanks for the link fix, Jeff.

Yeah, I think they’d go in a big flat-rate box with a ton of bubble wrap. I worry about the box getting dropped without adequate packing

I would love to see a 300B design of yours with these, though. 2A3 too.

40 minutes ago, codewritinfool said:

Thanks for the link fix, Jeff.

Yeah, I think they’d go in a big flat-rate box with a ton of bubble wrap. I worry about the box getting dropped without adequate packing

I would love to see a 300B design of yours with these, though. 2A3 too.

NOT bubble wrap.  Blueboard 3/4 inch maybe. Bubble wrap will burst on a drop. Both XFRs will fit in a MEDIUM USPS flat rate box. 

You won't ever see me suggesting, designing or building any 300B amp .  2A3 or a KT88 or a KT`150 are the best tube choices I know of, and how to do.

Ok, well, if you want them you’ll have to tell me what blueboard is and where to get it. PM me.

I don’t think I have energy for a build of any kind at this point in my life, as much as I want to.

Shucks.

But good you sold them.  Those are nice hunks of iron!

You would most definitely catch, find, witness, and/or observe me working-on, listening-to, and/or/otherwise enjoying a well-designed single-ended or push-pull 300B amplifier!

Wish you could pop over for a listing to mine, Jeff!  I think you would appreciate at least SOME direct coupling in the input/driver stage.

eam