KP362 find in Australia - KI215 cabinet swap/crossover questions

Vivi

hi k-fam. we just found a room full of 12 KI/P396 boxes, and bought 4 of them immediately. funny thing is, they're absolutely massive and in the right size box to be a 396, but they're a 3-way box like the Ki362. I gotta crack them open and suss it out. Anyone know what's going on? They've got the 1994-2004ish vintage Klipsch Professional badge on the lower right of the grill. They are all Klipsch drivers inside! All hardware is correct (handles etc).

Update: I am an idiot sometimes, it's the KP362.

We'll be refinishing them soon - idea is to have them as side and rear fills for our La Scalas (sooooon)

61718851008__7B3C7835-1AF2-41C1-BBF9-D477FCE3E44F.jpg

Edited by Vivi
KP362
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RandyH000 said:

the woofer does not  fit in a Scala ------------

Yeah, when we say side and rear fills, I'm referring to speaker placement. Not butchering an already perfect design! :)

• Like 2

Thanks to this awesome thread from @colterphoto1, I've figured out that these are KP362's. Not a lot of info about them on the web, but I also found the attached datasheet (for anyone else who finds themselves in this position).

Am wondering if it's possible to transplant the drivers from the KI215 into 2 of the KP362 boxes, and put the KP362 drivers in the KI215 boxes, so we have 2 matching stacks of each without dangerous overhang! I think this is a @Chief bonehead question seeing as he designed them... I think. 

Any ideas and concepts hugely appreciated.

KP-362.pdf

• 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, Marvel said:

@dwilawyer   Travis, I don't see that schematic in the schematics thread in Technical/modifications. Could you put a copy there easily? I'm using my phone, which is a bit tedious.

Here you go - check my post on page 15 of the schematics thread in Technical/modifications

----

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/26/2020 at 12:58 PM, Vivi said:

hi k-fam. we just found a room full of 12 KP362 boxes, and bought 4 of them immediately.

Did the 12 just happen to come out of the Civic Hotel, down the China town end of Pitt Street?  I'm guessing not as you didn't mention any KI362s and other Klipsch boxes in White as well. 

If so, must be a bunch of these floating around Sydney.  Someone has even made an art piece out of a heap of them.

I've grabbed 4 over a few years from over there, they're a great PA speaker (and well priced too).

PS it is worth walking into the Civic hotel basement club (once a concert venue) and listening to the 12 in there plus 4 KP 682s (I think) plus some KI series install boxes.  I ventured in on an R&B night and regretted only buying 2 boxes when I could have bought 6!  Rectified a little since...

20200201_202710 (2).jpg

• Like 1