Forte 3s pristine used Cherry for $2700???

Fido

Would that be a decent deal? Would it sound noticeably better than my Forte 1s with Crites Crossovers and Dave A,s LMAHL Tweeter upgrade. I really need to hear the Forte 3s - lots of Hype but have mo idea if they are at another level than my upgraded 1s?

the Forte 3  is a very different speaker  it  has a different woofer -the rear radiator is 15 inches -The cab is 5/8  taller , 1 inch deeper ----- the midrange horn is bigger with a titanium diaphragm --the cabinet  is 16 lbs heavier ---if you like the Forte 1 - you will like the Forte 2 and 3 , they are evolutions of the Forte 1 ------each one is slightly different -

1 hour ago, RandyH000 said:

the Forte 3  is a very different speaker  it  has a different woofer -the rear radiator is 15 inches -The cab is 5/8  taller , 1 inch deeper ----- the midrange horn is bigger with a titanium diaphragm --the cabinet  is 16 lbs heavier ---if you like the Forte 1 - you will like the Forte 2 and 3 , they are evolutions of the Forte 1 ------each one is slightly different -

So what is the major difference in sound?

The Klipsch bug is hard to shake. I love my current speakers but when I see a pair of Forte 111s in perfect condition for sale within 5 minutes of my house I get really sucked in fast. I know $2700 isn't the best deal but perhaps these could go for a few hundred less and they would be hard to pass up if they sound a LOT BETTER than my current speakers?????

11 minutes ago, Fido said:

a LOT BETTER than my current speakers?????

a LOT  BETTER  no ,    but more balanced overall ------and a better finished cab , yes ,   go audition them ,  you'll see and hear what some describe as ,that   they have a better presence

RandyH000 has it bang on...

More Balanced

Better finish cabinet.

And that Midrange.... Oh my!!! Wow!!!

Handles lows with aplomb.

I have them running off a Primaluna EVO 400 Integrated and I'm smiling!

I'd say go along, have a listen.... If you like them try 2.5k? 💵

I don't know that $2700 is a steal of a deal in terms of dollars and cents, but I do know that the speaker is worth good money. I thoroughly enjoy our cherry Forte iii's. I might suggest a certain retailer that occasionally logs in here and compare his prices on a new pair to these used ones for $2700. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Foxman said:

I don't know that $2700 is a steal of a deal in terms of dollars and cents, but I do know that the speaker is worth good money. I thoroughly enjoy our cherry Forte iii's. I might suggest a certain retailer that occasionally logs in here and compare his prices on a new pair to these used ones for $2700. 

Yes....Padukah Home Theater....Steven or Cory......

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Foxman said:

The only reason i'm even thinking of these is that they are 5 minutes from my house and are MINT condition - seller bought new Cornwalls because he liked the Fortes so much. One thing I have learned being on this Forum is that value is determined often by location and 5 minutes away is a good location as far as I am concerned. lol

Put mine up for about that a year or so ago when I was lusting over some Cornscalas out your way, & I missed out on them!

Never heard the Forte Is imagine yours are better than stock would be now.

Love my IIIs although being honest they don't impact me with the sound like my Heresy IIs did with the passive on the back. They do the bass and imaging much better though!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fido said:

The only reason i'm even thinking of these is that they are 5 minutes from my house and are MINT condition - seller bought new Cornwalls because he liked the Fortes so much. One thing I have learned being on this Forum is that value is determined often by location and 5 minutes away is a good location as far as I am concerned. lol

take the time to audition them , you might find that your Forte 1 are really good , on their own

10 hours ago, Fido said:

I completely understand the pull and temptation being that close. We call that instant gratification and that is very persuasive. Go for it. However, the particular retailer I alluded too ships nationwide included in the price, new in the box. And, I doubt you would pay more... just think it might be worth an email or phone call. If not, pull the trigger, they are fantastic speakers. I am blasting mine now during breakfast. Either way, enjoy them if you go for them whether new or used.

9 hours ago, Foxman said:

I completely understand the pull and temptation being that close. We call that instant gratification and that is very persuasive. Go for it. However, the particular retailer I alluded too ships nationwide included in the price, new in the box. And, I doubt you would pay more... just think it might be worth an email or phone call. If not, pull the trigger, they are fantastic speakers. I am blasting mine now during breakfast. Either way, enjoy them if you go for them whether new or used.

Took your advice and dropped Paducah and email to inquire. - Thanks

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Fido said:

Contacting Cory was very helpful and takes away the urgency to purchase the local used Forte 3s as cory has competitive pricing on new ones.

Thanks for everyones input!

ask Cory if they have any  B  stock Forte 3 ------