Old Jamo D7 help

xsamuraix

Hi people...

I just bought a old D7 7.1 package which included the sub (15" D7) which did have a fault, very loud hum when powered up.

I never knew Klipsch bought Jamo :D so in short now I'm facing binning this sub as no-one will repair it as it's a class-d amp.

Has anyone on here know if Klapish by some very slim chance may have a replacement backplate? I don't, would not use the sub anyway as I have a much better one. But would love to get it up and running again.

I'm based in the UK.

Any help would be appreciated 🙂

P.S. while I'm here, does anyone also know what the extra cable is for that sits on the side of the woofer?

IMG-20200728-WA0000.jpeg

Edited by xsamuraix

15 hours ago, xsamuraix said:

Hi people...

I just bought a old D7 7.1 package which included the sub (15" D7) which did have a fault, very loud hum when powered up.

, I would rewire the sub as a passive unit  by removing the faulty amp   and adding a wooden cover which would have binding posts added   , while searching for a suitable DIY  DClass   amp -------

-th

• 8 months later...

Hello,
I myself own two D7sub which were down. Both had their faulty amps with different failures. I managed to fix them and they work perfectly. I could possibly offer you my services but you would have to send me the amps and ideally the corresponding loudspeaker because there is on the side of the membrane the MFB control circuit which must be connected to its amplifier to be able to calibrate it after the amplifier has been repaired.
I live in France !!
To read you.

• 7 months later...
On 4/21/2021 at 12:40 AM, Yroger said:

Hello,
I myself own two D7sub which were down. Both had their faulty amps with different failures. I managed to fix them and they work perfectly. I could possibly offer you my services but you would have to send me the amps and ideally the corresponding loudspeaker because there is on the side of the membrane the MFB control circuit which must be connected to its amplifier to be able to calibrate it after the amplifier has been repaired.
I live in France !!
To read you.

Bonjour 

Puis je vous demander quelle type de panne vous avez eu .  J'ai un SUB D7 dont les fusibles pètent systématiquement dès que je branche la module .  Il y a deux fusible de 10A et en fonction de l'une ou l'autre entrée , 1 seul saute sur les 2 .

Avez vous une piste ?  Avez vous des plans électroniques ou des synoptiques?

Merci de votre aide .