Trigger Pulled

jdmccall

Day 11 of "FastNFree" 3-day delivery.  "Guaranteed" they said.  But, the guarantee is off due to Covid-19.  That point was not learned until after the sale, of course.  "My"🙄 speakers have been sitting in a trailer in St. Louis for 5 of  those 11 days.  I should have just picked them up there.  It's less than 5 hours away...for you or me.  Not for YRC Freight.  Current projection is for Thursday (8/13) delivery, but their projections aren't worth much since they change daily.  Deep breath.......Ah, that's better.  All will be well...if it ends well...and soon.

21 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

Sorry to say it, and I know you don't want to hear it. Should have called Cory. Live and learn, like you said. Hope it works out and you like 'em.

Shakey

I bought from "The Sound Seller" of Marinette, WI.  If you don't mind my asking,  what entity did you deal with?  Not that it makes any difference to me at this point.  Just curious for possible future reference.

OK...I've checked out his ebay store.  He just didn't have what I was looking for this time...when I was looking for it. 

I don't really blame the guys at The Sound Seller for the delay.  I don't know who to blame so I guess I won't blame anybody.  Maybe there's enough to go around.  It doesn't really matter in the overall scheme of things anyway.

13 minutes ago, jdmccall said:

OK...I've checked out his ebay store.  He just didn't have what I was looking for this time...when I was looking for it. 

I don't really blame the guys at The Sound Seller for the delay.  I don't know who to blame so I guess I won't blame anybody.  Maybe there's enough to go around.  It doesn't really matter in the overall scheme of things anyway.

If you are talking about the CW IVs that you ordered, he had a fleet of them in every finish just a few weeks ago when I ordered mine. Always best to call.

Shakey

28 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

If you are talking about the CW IVs that you ordered, he had a fleet of them in every finish just a few weeks ago when I ordered mine. Always best to call.

Shakey

Hmm...I missed them somehow.  I was only looking at B-stock so maybe that's how.  I dunno.  Story of my life: Day late and a dollar short.🤪

2 minutes ago, jdmccall said:

Hmm...I missed them somehow.  I was only looking at B-stock so maybe that's how.  I dunno.  Story of my life: Day late and a dollar short.🤪

I'd be willing to bet his brand new speakers were priced better than any B stock out there. Just my guess.

7 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

I'd be willing to bet his brand new speakers were priced better than any B stock out there. Just my guess.

Oh, I don't need to hear that.  Ignorance is bliss, ya know.  -Which explains why I'm so happy all the time! 😊

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jdmccall said:

Oops!  I spoke too fast and assumed too much.  Delivery now slated for 17th. 

Sure it is. 😒

Maybe I missed it, but was a delivery date part of the sales transaction?  If it was, it may not be too late to cancel it out and but them from someone else.  

Really can't blame the seller as it appears he shipped them in timely manner. The shipping company is to blame. Having worked in warehouse receiving trucked merchandise this does happen on occasion.  Sometime merchandise is put on wrong truck by fork lift driver and may go to who knows where. Generally you will eventually get your speakers. Call the shipper. 

I think the problem is with the shipper.  Of course, some blame must go to the seller for using that freight company.  And to me, for using that seller. 🤪

The ebay listing had the "FastNFree" guaranteed 3-day delivery, but after sale when I checked tracking, the YRC Freight website said:  "COVID-19 – A suspension of all guarantee service failure reimbursements has been issued effective 3/25/2020"  So I guess I'm out of luck unless I wanted to push a false advertising angle related to the "fastnfree" thing on ebay...which I don't.

I suppose the speakers will get here eventually.  The last tracking update (this morning) said "TRAILER 261251 WAS CLOSED AT SAINT LOUIS MO USA".  I interpret this to mean the trailer is loaded and ready to roll, which could mean delivery even today, or on Monday, which is also the latest estimated delivery date.

My biggest concern is all the extra handling of the speakers; moving them from one trailer to another, which just means more chance of damage, and then there's all the time the speakers are sitting out in hot and/or humid conditions. 🥴  Not that I'm a worrier or anything. 😵

• Like 2