Trigger Pulled

jdmccall

• Moderators
On 8/11/2020 at 2:08 PM, Shakeydeal said:

I'd be willing to bet his brand new speakers were priced better than any B stock out there. Just my guess.

Well it's ok to give him a plug, but I'm guessing he doesn't want anyone discussing his pricing on new unopened ĺnon-B stock), or Bstock. 

Like you say, best to give him a ring a ma ling.

• Like 1

Thought I would jump in - I ordered Heresy IVs from the Sound Seller 8 days ago.  They were scheduled for delivery last Friday - they arrived Wednesday before noon.  Interestingly enough, tracking the package, it stopped in Hope - coincidence or drop shipping.

Don't worry - they were very well packed and arrived in perfect condition.

Obviously the shipping for Heresy is a much simpler process.

I also oredered B Stock and haivng made some inquiries, would be shocked to find that anyone could be selling non B Stock at a lower price than the Sound Sellers B Stock - I was offered some discounts by a local dealer but nowhere near the price....

Loving my new speakers and I know you will love yours.

Wally

• Like 2

Today was the day.  I picked them up at the YRC terminal in Baxter Springs Kansas.  They just set them in the back of my truck palletized and all I had to do was strap them down.  Now I'm home and they're breaking in with some Widespread Panic (seems appropriate).

They seem absolutely fine to me.  I think the only reason they were B-stock was because the boxes looked like something, maybe a forktruck, had kind of sideswiped them.  But the speakers look great.  I see no problems.  We've got woofage, squawkage and tweetage.  Everything checks out A-OK.☺️

12 hours ago, Wally3 said:

Loving my new speakers and I know you will love yours.

That's great to hear.  Congrats on the Heresy's.  Like the Cornwall's, everybody seems to love'em.  My speakers were 18 days getting from Marinette, WI to Baxter Springs, KS.  I don't think it should take that long, but SW MO / SE KS are kind of backwaters, I guess.  All's well that ends well!

I was a little concerned about how the natural cherry cornwalls would look next to my dark oak cabinets but I think it's fine.  Here's a couple of quick pics.  They're a little grainy because it was late in the evening and my camera isn't too good in low light.  I'll try to get some better ones in a day or so.

BTW, how long till they're broken in?  They sound pretty darned good right now!

SAM_0732.JPG

SAM_0731.JPG

• Like 7

They will get better, but you will get the naysayers who tell you it’s a myth. Mine have about 50 hours right now and they turned a major corner around 40 hours. I wouldn’t swear they are finished yet; but I really like what I hear.

Like all horns I’ve owned they will sound better the farther apart you can get them. I would try to get them at least another foot apart, more if you can. Keep us posted on what you hear.

Shakey

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

They will get better, but you will get the naysayers who tell you it’s a myth. Mine have about 50 hours right now and they turned a major corner around 40 hours. I wouldn’t swear they are finished yet; but I really like what I hear.

Like all horns I’ve owned they will sound better the farther apart you can get them. I would try to get them at least another foot apart, more if you can. Keep us posted on what you hear.

Shakey

Yes, congrats on the new speakers, they look great in your room. Like Shakey said, play with placement. Sometimes just an inch or so can make a difference in sound.....enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

Shakey

4 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Sometimes just an inch or so can make a difference in sound.....enjoy.

In the pictures, they were 7'9" apart, center to center, while my big, fat head is about 11'6" from the speakers.  I can't do much w/o moving subs inboard, but I did get them a few inches further apart and I moved my seat a few inches closer.  The room is 15 X 22 and the speakers are on the short wall.  The subs and the wide cabinet kind of limit placement options.  I'll probably try putting the subs on the inside and the speakers out.  The wires are long enough that I can do it either way.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, jdmccall said:

I'll probably try putting the subs on the inside and the speakers out.  The wires are long enough that I can do it either way.

Congratulations they look good, been checking here everyday to see if they got there, glad it finally happened, now the fun part.

It would not hurt to try the subs on the inside and the Cornwall's further out, it's free why not try.

Nice choice there a really nice speaker and looking at your room they have some room to breathe. 

5 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

If that is true or not I don't know, but I believe it, it happened to me also and I was not expecting it, it surprised me and probably roughly around the same time period. I heard it and did not say anything and my wife said the same thing the same day and we had not talked about it at all, I did not believe it at the time but now I do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/18/2020 at 8:40 AM, dtel said:

it's free why not try.

Ow! my back!:)

But seriously the subs might get better on the inside. If you're big on the 'stereo image"' the Cornwalls need to go where they need to go to give you the best imaging. Play with the toe in as well. Just my $0.02.

• Like 1