Musical tastes

Thaddeus Smith

2 hours ago, Coytee said:

The drum run sounds really nice on big horny speakers.

Edited to add:  I've yet to hear this CD on the Jubilee's....I'm going back to college/LaScalas.

Just listened to that on earbuds, but really nice.

10 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

how do you keep them in your ear?  I have a heck of a time.

Steve, I've never bought any high end ones, mostly used what comes with my phones. Terrible fit  most hang there and fall out.

Ones that work for me are AKGs, jut seem to stay in and work for me. I have a pair for my work and personal cell phones.

They are wired... I have enough stuff to keep charged. I am working on computers, moving around all day. I like using the earbuds for call, so I can hear the calker in the middle of my head. It's hard enough to understand folks who don't know how to talk into a mic, are on speakerphone in a noisy room, etc.

So... they aren't really AKG buds... here's a review:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ianmorris/2017/04/27/samsung-galaxy-s8-headphone-review-just-how-good-are-the-akg-tuned-earbuds/#12e6944944ef

• Thanks 1

I enjoyed this -- many of you won't. I like watching people create their music. what transpires before a song makes it to tape is sometimes fascinating.  plus I love Valeria's voice.  hope she makes it as an artist. I think the guitar player got a bit too busy at times, but I realize this was basically a musical brainstorming session. interesting if you like music more than just hearing a finished product. 

• Thanks 1

Any Frank Mills (of Music Box Dancer fame) here?

Had most/all his LP's back when I had LP's....  got a couple CD's now.

One of his songs, perhaps one of my favorite.... has interestingly, had its name changed.  Today it's called "A Classical Rock" It used to be called 'Breakaway'

On 8/20/2020 at 11:50 AM, BigStewMan said:

I enjoyed this -- many of you won't. I like watching people create their music. what transpires before a song makes it to tape is sometimes fascinating.  plus I love Valeria's voice.  hope she makes it as an artist. I think the guitar player got a bit too busy at times, but I realize this was basically a musical brainstorming session. interesting if you like music more than just hearing a finished product. 

Yes, I like her also. I like the process of making music, I want to see a flaw or a mistake, and watch them deal with it. I'm not a huge fan of music that seemed too clinical, to precise, unless it's Rush! 

She's good, has a great voice, and very hott.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I like the process of making music, I want to see a flaw or a mistake, and watch them deal with it.

exactly!  couldn't agree more.  I've played a chord in a progression a thousand times, then one time I go with a different one and have this "aha -- that's the one" moment.  [Not Aha the band].

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

exactly!  couldn't agree more.  I've played a chord in a progression a thousand times, then one time I go with a different one and have this "aha -- that's the one" moment.  [Not Aha the band].

AHA never ever ....take on me .....crying-with-laughter.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1