Did ever have sellers remorse, and what did you sell?

juniper

52 minutes ago, dtel said:

My biggest mistake was back when HT was becoming popular I was going in that direction. I gave a relative a Sansui 8080, Akai RTR all my LP's and 2 turntables, a Teac and  Yamaha.

I have given away many other thing but that was just stupid.

WOW -----the Sansui 8080 was tube sound quality in an SS amp-   

In 1974 I sold a 1961 Dodge Dart slant six sedan, think taxicab, for $125.  It was rust free and ran like a top.  Heck, it probably still runs like a top.

Even in 1974 that was a give away price.   I was young and foolish.  The low mileage car had been given to me by a great aunt.   I'd just started a new teaching/coaching job, so the new Olds 442 I bought fit my perceived image better than an old woman's car.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, juniper said:

Sold a pair of Altec 604 8G'S recently, had them for a very long time. I actually felt ill after doing so..... I ve never had this happen with anything i ve sold before..

Are those the ones you had when I sold you that Panasonic receiver?

Sold my 1963 Martin D-28 to my best friend (in early '70s... he was offered $5k cash by a guy at the Martin factory). He finally sold it  just a couple years ago...had hoped to get it back from him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Are those the ones you had when I sold you that Panasonic receiver?

No Wuzzer, those were Altec Model 19's which were nice but my 604s i liked better for my type of listening. Ive have Jubs now so all should be good.... But i sure had alot of fun with those 604s....

• Like 1