Did ever have sellers remorse, and what did you sell?

juniper

2 hours ago, Schu said:

My entire Martin collection...

I can sympathize...

My friend has a collection, a couple from the custom shop. He also owns two of a series of 100. They are 728s, 7/8 size of a D-28. An amazing full sound and easier for a person of smaller stature to handle comfortably.

Smallest piece Ive ever had was a double ought in the 28 trim... I did start collecting with overkill at the dreadnought size and owned a d28/d18/d28hd/d28lf but then realized after a couple years that the big banjo killers were not for me. I moved mainly to the triple oughts and orchestras which is the real sweet spot... om42/om28/om28v and especially my personal favorite piece the 00028vs... slothead deep body triple ought are where it's at!

54 minutes ago, Schu said:

favorite piece the 00028vs... slothead deep body triple ought are where it's at!

Excellent size, beautiful tone. At some point you realize you don't need a bunch of guitars. A couple, maybe, but not a whole herd.

Would love a round shoulder dreadnought, but that's a whole other story.

It was around two years old when I bought it... paid $350 for it. Sold it to my friend for the same. I'm afraid to ask him what he sold it for. He had Martin work on it a few years ago, the work was $1500. That's when the Martin employee offered him $5k in cash for it. I'm guessing he got more than that when he sold it. He donated a D-41 to the Martin museum. It had been bought by the US Army and sent over for the troops to use during the first gulf war.

I do miss cruising with around in my 05 mx-6

It had a beautiful audio rig I wish i never sold....

12” Cerwin Vega, Vega series sub that required a ridiculous amount of box space.

Mb Quart components for the front and sides 

Kenwood 6x9’s in the rear window. 

Alpine face

Alpine Digital sound field processor. 

All speakers powered by one beautiful 20” chrome Xtant 🤠

I had the best sound in that ol MX-6

I was dating my wife back then and she even brings it up here and there.... 

Edited by INDY K
added details

My 1984 Harley-Davidson FXRS Low Glide.

I rode it ten years and over 100,000 miles and kept it through 3 other bikes but sold it to pay off my then 2 year old 2000 Electra Glide Classic.

I bought the 2000 new and just sold it a couple months ago after 20 years and nearly 200,000 miles,bought a new 2019 Electra Glide in Sept.

The one I really miss is the old Low Glide,it fit me like a glove and never let me down,just wasn't good for two up riding with the wifey.

zr2.jpg

fxrs.jpg

FXR.jpg

00 84.jpg