New guy just bought himself some RP8000F’s help!

INDY K

12 hours ago, willland said:

This here should meet your needs pretty well.

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/yamas701bl/yamaha-a-s701-2-ch-x-100-watts-natural-sound-integrated-amplifier-black/1.html

193x193-8550.Jpg YAMAHA A-S701 BACK

Plenty of power, built in DAC for streaming, subwoofer preout.

Bill

Yes, these units sound very nice with Klipsch.  I suggested one of these to a close friend, on a budget, was a pleasant surprise to say the least.

• Like 1

Bought the YAMAHAA-S701 2-Ch x 100 Watts Natural Sound Integrated Amplifier I can feel myself getting STRONGERRR😬

And I just got notification for my truck delivery for tomorrow!! I put all my service calls onto wednesday to celebrate the arrival lol....

Now searching for a decent receiver. 

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, INDY K said:

Bought the YAMAHAA-S701 2-Ch x 100 Watts Natural Sound Integrated Amplifier I can feel myself getting STRONGERRR😬

And I just got notification for my truck delivery for tomorrow!! I put all my service calls onto wednesday to celebrate the arrival lol....

good choice ----

1 hour ago, INDY K said:

Good choices on both. I’ve got the older version of your speakers in our family room system. They are really good all around speakers. That system for us is mostly TV and movies. But it will certainly rock the music as well. I think you’ll be pleased. 

59 minutes ago, willland said:
7 hours ago, INDY K said:

Bought the YAMAHAA-S701 2-Ch x 100 Watts Natural Sound Integrated Amplifier

What are you going to use the receiver for?

Bill

willing to bet he means tuner rather than receiver.

• Like 2

Yea Matt I probably do, forgive my inexperienced self here you guys are a lot nicer than what I been reading on other forums where the locals are trashing the new guy for not knowing up from down when it comes to this stuff, just wait till I start the system I will definitely need some hand holding. My anxiety is certainly 100% running deep It’s silly I go to bed reading about passives and wattage and wake up thinking about distortion levels lol. I run a pool business I have no room for other worries right now heheheh....

im over 2000$ + into this project so far but determined! I seriously considered hiring someone to give me a crash course on setting up my gear, hell the money is there. In my profession you bring in the guys who can help or know front and back the task at hand.

Basically I assumed a receiver? Crap have I been spending the past week looking for the wrong item🤪

Something for the rare occasional fm/am play, a spot to hook up my head phones, audio jack for the wifes cellphone/spotify.

My system before was a receiver and 2 kg4’s that was it super primitive in comparison to what Im getting myself into now. 

Keep the recommendations coming in patriots all the information, links given is 100% appreciated. 

Edited by INDY K
  • Like 1

I have the RP280f's.....the previous iteration of your 8000's.  I use them in two channel for music only using a Yamaha A-S500 integrated amp.  Plenty of low end, no sub necessary, and to me, this combination works very well together.  Someone up thread suggested the A-S701 - and I would heartily concur.  It also falls right in your price range.  As they say, your mileage may vary.  Enjoy those new speakers!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, INDY K said:

I seriously considered hiring someone to give me a crash course on setting up my gear

no no no - we are here for you, Indy :)

Part of the fun of this hobby is trial and error.  Trust me, all of us here has had our share of errors LOL.

• Like 2

al bundy hunger - "LET'S ROCK!"

45A50EB2-182A-4898-B36C-3731E70099C0.jpeg

Yammy A-s701

Spl120

Rp8000F

Im working on a deal for another spl120 just going to take a bit more haggling I think, the initial low ball didn’t go through lol.... 

My new credenza should arrive soon for It will be the cherry on the sunday! 

Edited by INDY K

In style fellas, 

tis an expensive replica. 

This one was near 2800? 

1/2 off here for a decent replica, most cheap replicas wobble and are made with cheap leather, wood and stainless and fall short of spec.

https://urbanfurnishing.net/collections/modern-classics/products/mid-century-plywood-lounge-chair-and-ottoman-ultra-premium-version-black-palisander

With a 10,000+ chair I would have a bigger budget for my audio!

Hell that wall would be full of copper and black! 

Edited by INDY K
  • Like 1

On 8/3/2020 at 4:02 AM, Matthews said:

Indy, stay far far away from tubes!  You will be full of disappointment at the first spin of Anthrax.

Most any old school SS integrated or receiver will suit your needs well.  The old stuff is generally built to a much higher quality and power output.

Tubes vs SS is an argument that will get you thrown out of any bar! All I can say is this: For over 15 years I ran most of a dozen SS amps and receivers. Then I listened to a tube amp for about half a second and decided I would never go back. Been running tubes and horns for over 25 years now.

• Haha 1