New guy just bought himself some RP8000F’s help!

INDY K

Cory and his crew are great guys! 

A guy over at my other forum hooked me up with him last week, ordered my gear, came in 2 days! I highly recommend Paducah 100% 

Thanks again Cory! 

I will be turning the power on today patriots! 

Edited 8-8-20

First session last night,

Im sure my cheap I phone connection wire is the culprit. Hard wood floors no carpet, larger room, a bit of hollow sound. 

-Mid bass and highs seem kinda muffled.

- The highs aren’t crystal not muffled just not crystall clear

Mids seem weak thanks gawd for the sub. 

Volume has to be turned up almost half way to get it loud, then the high airy background noise is present.

Man, it seems my KG-4’s had a bit more balls.

Should I bi wire this set up? 

I have both sets of wires installed on A channel. 

I love this forum! Im constantly reading the  vast amount of threads trying to learn new things, if someone has any thread links or recommendations send em my way! 

Edited by INDY K
  • Like 1

Toe your mains in 45 degrees but experiment with placement (closer or further from corner, closer to back wall or into room more, etc.). Then you can decrease angle if needed (usually, the further from side walls, the lesser the angle). Basically you want the speakers pointing at your head. Don't use the sub until you dial in the mains. Sub position can make or break overall sound. Move it around, start sub at highest frequency then turn down as needed. Try polarity both ways in every new position. Turn volume of sub up so it becomes very noticeable then turn it down a couple of notches. As long as your wires are connected correctly, don't worry about them, or your bi-wire connectors, for now. Put an area rug in front of your mains. 

On 8/7/2020 at 2:06 AM, MechEngVic said:
On 8/3/2020 at 6:02 AM, Matthews said:

Indy, stay far far away from tubes!  You will be full of disappointment at the first spin of Anthrax.

Most any old school SS integrated or receiver will suit your needs well.  The old stuff is generally built to a much higher quality and power output.

Tubes vs SS is an argument that will get you thrown out of any bar! All I can say is this: For over 15 years I ran most of a dozen SS amps and receivers. Then I listened to a tube amp for about half a second and decided I would never go back. Been running tubes and horns for over 25 years now.

i will NEVER EVER run tubes again  - NEVER !!!

...insert explicit language here

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Arrrr wife is in bed with a kidney infection theres no way I can jam today and it’s driving me crazy all I can do is walk by em. Thinking man would they sound better over here, over there......I gotta  get these levels and placement adjusted, either my ears are severely clogged with these allergies, the cheaper usb on the I phone connection,  and a combination of spotify  and wooden floors are some of the contributing issue with the flat sorta muffled sound on the highs and mids. 

I also stumbled on some of the bi-wiring threads seems it’s just a myth? 

An “audiophile facepalm” lol. 

Unfortunately I don’t have a pre out in the yammy for a tube amp ^

I do love the sound of ORANGE and GREEN tube guitar amplifiers hmmmmm love em! 

There are a lot of variances on those Eames replicas just make sure if you grab a cheaper one or expensive one the vendor has solid warranties!

Edited by INDY K
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

It’s been almost a year now fellas and I feel the RP’s are really broken in.

The RP’s  seemed really stiff at first almost muffled but all is gooood now with the exception of the variances in levels of songs from Spotify. Overall the sound is pretty rich, DEEEEEP CRISP LOWS but the hi’s can be a little fuzzy and airy a lot of the time so I often turn down the treble a bit 🤔

Emailed Cory to see if I can get another deal on an spl120 at the wife’s request. Her Reggae is about to drive me bat shit as it is. 

I’m still running the RP8000’s and one sp120 from the Yamaha AS701 would one recommend that I upgrade to a bigger receiver before adding another sub or just continue and by a split cord and hook it right in? 

• Like 1