Free Speakers (KG)

SWL

Cleaning out my basement and some things just have to go. It's amazing how many interconnects and speaker wire I've accumulated over the years.....

I've managed to sell all the gear I'm gonna sell....for now.

This forum has been really good to me. Free KG speakers just come and pick them up and they're yours. They need work but nothing out of the ordinary considering their age.

1. KG 3.2

Cosmetically they're in good shape. Probably need crossovers but they do work as is.

2. KG 4.2/Black

Cosmetically a little rough but nothing a sanding and some paint can't take care of. Probably need crossovers and one woofer.

3. KG 4.2/Light Oak

Cosmetically in pretty good shape. Probably need crossovers and one woofer.

I was combining one good speaker from each pair of 4.2's to make a working set.

They're FREE.....come and get em! I'll drive a reasonable distance to meet you if neccessary. Located in Powers Lake, WI (near Lake Geneva) between Chicago and Milwaukee.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 9

• 1 month later...

Scott and I finally met up last weekend, so that I could pick up the E-V ELX118 subs.

He drove closer to me, so he saved me a long drive as well.

He was right that they are big 26" x 22.6" x 20" each.

I finally got a chance to play today, added some bass to my La Scala, now I need to buy an amp to give them more power.

My first experience with passive subs, so I will need to do some experimenting.

Thank you Scott for the generous offerings to the Forum!  

IMG_5280.thumb.JPG.5438bd7214da8132ffec5d2f89310658.JPG

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, opusk2k9 said:

I finally got a chance to play today, added some bass to my La Scala, now I need to buy an amp to give them more power.

My first experience with passive subs, so I will need to do some experimenting.

If you want the best experience dont cheap out on the amp figure how many watts you think you need then double it, those pro subs will take a lot of power and will sound sluggish if underdriven. Congrats by the way they look nice!

• Like 2

If you want the best experience dont cheap out on the amp figure how many watts you think you need then double it, those pro subs will take a lot of power and will sound sluggish if underdriven. Congrats by the way they look nice!
Yeah, I was powering them with a Behringer EP4000 but they really came alive with a Crown Macrotech 3600 vz. It was something like 1200 watts @ 8 ohms.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1