NHL RESTART

oldtimer

@oldtimer called it the brain fart.

I've been displeased with our goalie situation since... since Cam Ward hurt his back the year after 2006. That was a goalie so was the big Russian guy that is in Dallas now, we should have kept him and used mediocre ones for a year until he got better Khudobin is his name - Big and Quick!!

I mean us Caniacs would welcome him to our team!

And the captain confusion is a chronic problem in Raleigh. Staals especially Eric with a hat trick every time I left the room to pee are pretty good players. But they are not captain material, at least the two we've forced into it. Jordan Martinook is the heart of our team, should be captain and stop that issue before next year / month.

Doby isn't stealing any games for us, but he allows the team to have a chance.  I'm still waiting for a full 60 minute effort from them.  They slumped into this thing and have been hanging by a thread,  but hanging.  Good for Pavelski getting his first playoff hat trick, and I think first as a Star.

Horvat for the Canucks was not so much on fire the last game.

• Like 1

If your guys make it to the next round watch out for those bruins.

I'd swear they were sandbagging last night. That good feeling I had in the first two periods.... I knew it was fake!

Waited until the third and our goalie left his goal... arrgh. Then it started.

Yea we're down a couple of good ones.... they are down Pastrnak and Rask flaked out!

Where's the butter? Toast is dry without it!

I lived in Edmonton in the Glory Years of the Great One.  Oilers would just goof off for 2 1/2 periods, then flip the switch and crush the other team.  It was scary because you just had to wait for the switch and you kept thinking will it work this time?  Gretsky, Kuri, Messier, Coffee and CoJo.  I think a team sport needs a similar number, e.g. 5, guys that are at the top of their positional ranking to become a strong "dynasty".  Keeping them together is the challenge in the salary cap, free agency times we are in. Go Flames? (actually Bruins!)

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 12:04 PM, MC39693 said:

I lived in Edmonton in the Glory Years of the Great One.  Oilers would just goof off for 2 1/2 periods, then flip the switch and crush the other team.  It was scary because you just had to wait for the switch and you kept thinking will it work this time?  Gretsky, Kuri, Messier, Coffee and CoJo.  I think a team sport needs a similar number, e.g. 5, guys that are at the top of their positional ranking to become a strong "dynasty".  Keeping them together is the challenge in the salary cap, free agency times we are in. Go Flames? (actually Bruins!)

let's not forget Andy Moog and Grant Furh -----

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

you can't win a cup without an excellent goalie ---no way Jose

Amen!

& we have been on two mediocre ones in tandem for a while.

That still lets in a lot of easy shots that a good one would stop.

*Our decent D has made up for that weakness mostly!

Edited by JohnJ

• 2 weeks later...

Vegas is going to be hard to beat, they are solid up and down the lineup. 

What happened to the Flyers tonight? Other than the Islanders are looking great. Which brings up a trivia question. Who was the 1st player to win an Olympic gold medal and Stanley Cup in the same year? I don't think it's happened more than once or twice total.

Mark