Just got my new rf-7 iii’s

JoeJoeThe3rd

Omg so I just got my new rf7iii and got my whole set up except for my center rc64iii which was delayed but will be here soon. So my whole set up is the pair of rf7iii and the rc64iii with rb51ii as backs and rf52 ii for surrounds and the rc52ii for the center until the new one comes which is acually still and among center but can’t wait for my new one to get here. Along with the parasound halo a31 and the anthem mrx720. But I couldn’t get the anthem room correction to work because ever time The people that were installing my speakers we’re trying to get it to work they were doing the room correction and it was on one of the positions you had a hold of Mike and it said there’s too much background noise and it would mess up every single time but I talk to the dealer I bought the receiver from which is actually different from who I bought the speakers from and they are going to come out and try to fix it. But regardless the whole system is absolutely amazing. The sound quality even without the room correction is simply amazing. With my old integra receiver when I did surround modes I could hear static in my surrounds, not with the anthem. It’s so crispy clean, and the rf7iii are so clean and powerful and dynamic yes still Subtle when they need to be. O ya and my subwoofer is the sw112 from klipsch. I actually ended up getting the PB 16 returned which was a miracle. These speakers are so insane and I love them. They just set them up put them in the first spot I haven’t really moved them around at all and the sound is amazing I’m sure I can move them around to get even better sound but just straight out of the box plot them down the sound is still amazing. These are on a whole different level a whole different planet a whole different universe than the RF 52 ii. They can get so unbelievably  loud but still be so Unbelievably clean and crisp sounding. This boys have a serious slam factor that is insane. Just started to Delve into them but I am so very happy and they were worth every penny. I could go on more but man these things are beautiful and amazing. Keep on rocking guys, love to all and good vibes to all. Thanks to everybody who has helped me with my stupid questions, it’s really helped me out. This haven’t been the most helpful and informative forum but you guys are awesome and help a lot. I’m gonna try and post some pictures and I want to write a better review soon!

D7D84CDF-8B65-4EFD-A22A-A380C0129439.jpeg

513D4648-2C7C-483E-BF6D-4B7F30000420.jpeg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jdmccall said:

Enjoy!  Ought to be a rockin' setup!

It’s literally insane. It can go so loud like Insanley loud to the point when I’m screaming and I can’t hear myself and there’s no distortion crystal clear audio and the bass is so tight and fast. It’s pretty boss. Not to mention the bass is extremely dynamic and detailed and it to go so deep and low. They truly slam and the Power the dual 10s Have is surprising and I expected it to be intense. Also there will be so much bass and I’m looking at the drivers them selves and to be honest there not moving that much at all. And the sound stage is extremely immersive and vast. The rf7iii  themselves are massive is sheer size in all aspects, there appearance imposes  Dominance And commands respect. And so does there performance. But they are not the perfect speaker, I love them tho.  

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

@JoeJoeThe3rd

Hey Joe,

I just bought the parasound a31 to pair with rf7iii. I was really nervous before reading your review. You see i had rf7ii's paired with emotiva dr3. That emotiva amp is much more powerful and really pushes my rf7ii's like i love. I was nervous about going down to 250 watts on the parasound. But if i read correctly, they can drive your rf7iii's to the moon! Good to hear. Cant wait for my new speakers and parasound come in so i can hear for myself. I was worried if I really could tell a difference from the ii's to the iii's and if the lower power rating wouldn't reach levels I was used to. 

3 hours ago, Sam1234 said:

I just bought the parasound a31 to pair with rf7iii. I was really nervous before reading your review. You see i had rf7ii's paired with emotiva dr3. That emotiva amp is much more powerful and really pushes my rf7ii's like i love. I was nervous about going down to 250 watts on the parasound.

Let me tell you, the Parasound's 250w/ch is plenty of horsepower for your RF7IIIs.  More than you will ever need.  A couple of years back at a demo session at forum member @Youthman's home, we drove his RF-7IIIs with my 90w/ch Yamaha A-S1000 integrated amp to ear bleeding levels in his 4000 cu ft room and it was clean as a whistle with plenty of chest thumbing bass.

3 hours ago, Sam1234 said:

I was worried if I really could tell a difference from the ii's to the iii's and if the lower power rating wouldn't reach levels I was used to. 

In the demo we could tell the difference between the IIs and IIIs but really came to the conclusion that what the IIs did very well, the IIIs did better.  Not a huge difference but noticeable.  No worries about the power decrease going with the Parasound.

Bill

The only thing that keeps me from lusting after RF7s is the knowledge that I´d have to change my whole speaker-set-up for HT... And the fact that they´re much too big for my space, most likely...

Those are great speakers, enjoy!